Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Feedback on Queen's Blade wally please, thank you :) - Minitokyo

Feedback on Queen's Blade wally please, thank you :)

Tagged under Queen's Blade

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Okaaay, so I made another wallpaper but I'd like some feedback on it before I try submitting it of course :D This time it's Queen's Blade, and I originally was going to make the wally TOTALLY DIFFERENT but, sure enough, when I checked the gallery, someone had already uploaded one that was almost exactly what I was thinking XD So I had to try a different approach, here's what I've got so far:

Wallpaper: here
Scan used: here

I was going for an "exploding" type theme (for lack of a better word). Extracted the character from scan, touched it up, made it white, then added in the brushes (tried making each side symmetrical >.<), coloring, etc. and then lastly added in a paintbrush texture to make the character look painted :D But PLEASE give me some feedback because I feel like something's off (maybe it's that some brushes are blurry while others are sharp, idk what it is)

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Hmm... I think you're aiming for an abstract feel right? The brushes are nice, I mean I love the glow in them but slapping the character into it is somewhat wrong.

Why not do it like the swirls are comming from the character, not at the sides like in this wallpaper.
EGO by Fran
EGO by Fran

or this
Hedkandi 2007 Final Revision by Devildude
Hedkandi 2007 Final Revision by Devildude

I think that would be neat.

Next is the color. Choose your color theme nicely. I think a black BG is nice, but the character's color is off. I think it would be nice to use the glowing green color you used at the brushes to the character too.

Those are just my suggestions ^^ Try looking for more inspiration in the gallery.

Signature Image

Ok! :D sounds good. Will update once I get the swirls exploding from within and not the side and have added glow to character.

blitzbullet

blitzbullet

This world is meaningless

imo.. the swirl coming out from middle/sodes doesnt really matter. but the scan and its texture doesnt really blend well with the background. it just seem like it popped out of no where. hope you get what i meant. maybe because its grey? try a little greenish colour. i dont know but pls try :P

Signature

Alright :D I'll make the texture greenish like the BG, will post when updated :D

Thanks for your guys' input~

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

nice idea though I'll be putting in some things:
- brushes seems to be too crowded, some appear blurry while some seem to stand out too much... the sides are too crowded in my eyes
- the character looks "just pasted/slapped" because of its color and texture, I think its good if the swirls are coming from the character and the character has the same colors like the brushes to make it more fancy and more abstract
- try to fix the extraction, some of the outline look dull-edged... it would be nice if it has sharp, smooth and clean outline...
- change the BG and try to add a few more colors to give it a little contrast... there's too much green in the wall

Hope I helped :)
Just make your wall... good luck! ^^

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

aside the brushes kinda clashed together, apparently at the background, the brushes you used look a bit low quality.
and like srsn has said, try to put the brushes around the vector, it gives a focus to see what's in the middle
try to change the color as well, if you use that kind of texture for the vector (grayish or such), I think it'll better to try a monochrome wallpaper
that's all from me :] good luck with your wall!

Signature Image

Okay~ I tried changing the wall from your guys' suggestions:
-put brushes exploding from center character
-added glowing effect (and some lighting and shadow effects) to central character
-used different brushes to avoid low-quality ones (hadn't caught it before, thanks for pointing it out)
-wasn't able to add texture effect to brushes D: but I think the shadowing looks a little better
-is character blended with brushes/BG ok now?

Revised Wall

(P.S. Can you find the butterfly? ;D)

blitzbullet

blitzbullet

This world is meaningless

this one definitely looks way better :D
nice work there.
anyway.. inside the character, there are black region right? its supposed to be the background right. so i think you should put some brushes there too.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2677/71310985.jpg
meh.. i forgot to resize.
anyway... i love how it looks so far :)

Signature

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

it looks better alright!
though I think the brushes still a little too crowded but that's just me
I think you can make the butterfly stands out more, by giving it a glow or something
good job with your remake! :3

Signature Image

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

this one is much better... though the brushes are still too crowded, black background makes it too dull, and the embossed effect makes the girl stand out too much from the rest of the wall... that's just my opinion

queen was a greate band

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.