Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wallpaper deletion - Minitokyo

wallpaper deletion

Tagged under Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Skyeaten

Skyeaten

~skye has fallen

Hi, so my wallpaper got deleted... I re-read the policies and realized my wallpaper was 3 megabytes where it should have been 2. I apologize. I re-sized it... may I re-submit it now?

EDIT: oh, sorry.. thanx CyanideBlizzard.
well, here's rhe link: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66262

The "personal message":

Quote by Skyeaten,

The wallpaper you have submitted (shinsengumi boy) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

Although, at first I thought it got deleted because of the size, so I thought a quick appeal should fix it but then only I saw the pm (I didn't nitice it right away). If there is any doubt tot the quality of the paper I'll tell how I made it. But anyway, I was just uploading the wallpaper since I made it, it was only at first intended for myself like all my other wallpapers. I already spent hours on that wallpaper. I'm not sandboxing it too. I would at least like who-ever to pls give me the reason for why they deleted it and not my other wallpapers too because honesty they we're much less of an effort than my shinsengumi boy... Which is kind of funny :p

My comment only mentioned credit to 3 textures I used (too much? I think not.) and not the effort I went thought so I can almost imagine it looked to simple or low standard. As it happens it was effort, and not just a quick upload. I used around 16 layers (not in total I already deleted some as I mixed an matched things), some of which we're color and shape variations and different textures. I only left 12 visible. I deep-etched some of it and rearranged the patterns so it didn't cover the (inverted, adjusted and completed) line-art in the background. I played with the hues an contrast and tried different sizes for all the elements, like shinsengumi symbol (which I got from another scan. I'll give credit. I forgot sorry.) But I went through some to get it just right and cut out and all that. And I decided that it was too brown so I brought in the white edge behind the guy. I was going to add some greens but then it got to busy-looking. The only thing left I could think of was the lines of the scan on the guy, but I don't have a tablet so I can't possible smooth them over with my mouse without effecting the lines. I think the lines add a paper-like textures so I decided to just leave it. Despeckling looks too blurry. I can't help the scan had them. Oh, and I even made two sizes, my screen 1920x1080 and the one I uploaded because it's a more common size I saw, which is 1920x1200. This also took some time because I practically had to remake everything. Anyway, in case there were doubts on my effort, this was what I did to make it. If I didn't something else I wasn't allowed to, I'm sorry, I didn't and still don't realize it.

Can't believe I'm going through all this appeal trouble, but I really liked my wallpaper, and it's so insulting to have it taken down with an automated reason. No offense of course, that just how it felt. Are the too many wallpapers to asses to just send the reason personally? Which would be understandable, but can't those, unless it's an obvious violation like pron, be taken down with a good pm reason?

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Greetings,

Please follow this format, http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66262 for posting on the Deletion Appeals section.

Thank you!

Signature Image

Skyeaten

Skyeaten

~skye has fallen

I fixed it.. can I get some feed back now please ^^

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

Your wallpaper was deleted for the quality, and low effort.
The texture is so overwhelming, but to be honest I don't even think you extracted.
It looks too much like you just extended the scan and slapped on some textures.
Then in the back you have an image of him which is also low quality, doing that is called Ghosting; which is also not allowed.
The extraction is poor, look closely at his hair. You can see white jagged areas indicating its poor extraction.
You best option would be to put some honest effort in it and extract again, try cleaning it up and
use some clean textures that won't kill the quality of your extracted scan.
After you're done you can ask for advice in the Sandox - http://forum.minitokyo.net/25
Where members, elites & moderators will aid you to help it become fit for the general wallpaper gallery.

Hope this helps!

Skyeaten

Skyeaten

~skye has fallen

Ok. Even so. it got enough favs to convince me maybe it wasn't too bad as it was. But I'll take a look at the things you said Kitten. Hope I can fix it up to standard. Though now I'd have to sandbox before uploading again right? I'd rather do a new one then :) Thanks anyway kitten.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.