Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you search for or pick new games? - Minitokyo

How do you search for or pick new games?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

How do you search for/pick out new games to play? Do you just browse the walls of Gamestop until you find something that interests you? Do you frequently look up video game news sites to see what games are worth looking forward to/playing? Do you search on the internet for games that are similar to the ones you like? Do you just search through the related videos of youtube when you're watching a video of game you particularly like? See an advertisement and look up online for previews/reviews about the game before buying it?

Personally, I just sorta surf around the internet and visit various video game news sites for info. I usually do extensive research (like looking up reviews, store cost comparison, seeing if anyone i know has played/owns it, etc.) on a game that interests me before buying it.

xianghua

xianghua

Bonds- 絆

I usually go to my nearest game store and check out games from there ( if I feel like buying a game). I keep a game in mind as it catches my eye in the store and go read some reviews on it.
YouTube always helps to. Being subscribed to various game company channels I see immediately if something new is up.
If not then, I am subscribed to game company websites ( e.g. Square Enix) who send me regular updates such as new games to look out for and whatnot. Usually if it's a game I am waiting for ( and dying to play ....like Final Fantasy 13-2 and Final Fantasy VS 13 xD!) then I buy it ASAP without consulting any reviews lol
Basically I read reviews when I'm not sure about purchasing a game or I sometimes ask my friends about it.

I

Signature
Admin of: S-R
Latest Wallpaper:- Infinity - Visitmy gallery

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't really know of new game releases until I travel to the store and then if the plot interests me then I'll probably buy it eventually. I only have a ds so it's not like I have many options for gaming consoles anyways. and then, sometimes, I mess around and don't often buy the game when I first see it because I forget to and then, when I do want it, I can't seem to find it anymore and then I just tend to forget about it and lump it into the pile that I didn't need it to begin with.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

i search ojn internet, or ask to my friends

ramifakira

KILLER-R

i search for the games on google

I ask friends and search around on amazon japan

In the internet,and stores in my city.All for the best price

Ask your frineds about new games that you may find interesting, go to your nearest game retailer. browse the internet, go out some more. thats what i do,

I have steam and thats a time saver althou they dont have all game on there store page :D
normaly tho I just go down to the mall or ask the almighty google for help ;p

elven046

COMING RIGHT AT YA!!

I think about graphics,gameplay and the plot.

I think I have a bit of a mixture. Sometimes, I walk around in my local video game stores and if I see something especially appealing, I buy it [usually, these games are along the lines of JRPGs though lol]. Sometimes, I try to follow video game official site, but the only one I really follow is Square Enix. Generally, I'm a sucker for anything Square Enix, or anything with really nice anime-style graphics, like the Tales series.

I don't really look at reviews. I live in a Western country, where all the game magazines diss JRPGs or just give them really low ratings. I think the highest rated game that I actually LIKE is Pokemon, which got an 8/10 in one of the magazines I read. All the highest rated games are either FPS (which I terrible at) or games about shooting zombies, or a combination of both.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.