Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PEACE! - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

whenever someone talks about peace , people sometimes say 'ah, its that boring discussion again' or ' look at the person talking so much about peace but what is he doing instead of just talking', regardless of what the person is saying is really important to us, because we should wake up from our little circle and have a look around at whats going on around us, here's terrorism, racism, holocaust, wars, political wars, or just some event caused due to illiteracy.
I want this to stop to make the world a better place for u and me ur family my family, my friends and ur friends.
i made this thread to keep the world's politics and a country's boundary and a persons appearance aside and just a message of peace, this might not be a big step but still i wanted to make this thread , if u want to participate please post a message of peace , any quote or image, dont let that message just be on ur computer screen, promote peace and literacy around u and let as much people as u can know about it.

Georges Clemenceau said I don’t know whether war is an interlude during peace, or peace an interlude during war.

so even in war try to stop it.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/babiigrrl44/my%20friends/peace.jpg

I WANT PEACE!

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

i live in the murderer capital of the world, im sorry to say this, but that has made me kinda hopeless for peace.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

as I long for peace myself, something tells me that it will probably never happen in my life time, or probably several other life times. as long as the school system teaches hate, racism, violence and so forth and nothing of peace, peaceful movements and so forth then people will never reach that level. it takes too much energy to not hate and want to hurt someone, it's so much easier to just hate someone. could be due to their laziness and afraid to see outside the box aka they use the excuse to how they were raised and don't want to step out or too afraid to not hate/etc. only an intelligent person can step up and say enough and work towards more peaceful times than so much horrors we have in this day and time.

p.s. my opinion and personal experiences

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

What is "peace"?
What if my idea of peace is different from yours?
Who's do we go with?
Are you going to force me into accepting your version of peace?

Rim-chan

Linguistics

Rim-chan

Social experiment

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~ Mother Teresa

No name, no business, no address, no phone, no worries, no money... just tired

DarkGSSJBeast

DarkGSSJBeast

Εις Tο Επανιδείν

Its good to have faith for a better world.. A Paradise that everyone and everything can live in Harmony..
I really wish the most that this world could exist but what I think is that there isn't even one possibility that this can happen
when a human exist.. Yeh we can do good things.. But the biggest and most easy thing for Humans is destruction..
Everyone is thinking for himself-herself.. There are some that can surpass that but they are so limited that are disappearing in
this world of slaves and lies.. I really hope with all my heart but everything says me thats a dream..
And Sis you're great for opening that thread..~

*.*.* It only hurts when you start pretending it doesn't *.*.*
Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

The Problem is...PEACE SELLS...but Who's Buying?

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

For as long as and group of people force others to believe, behave, and worship as they themselves do there shall never be peace.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

True Peace comes from Within...

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

It's arguable if humanity has actually experienced true peace considering when two different tribes/empires meet one another conflict inevitably occurs between them over resources,differing beliefs.

If you want world peace what is the price that you're willing to pay for it since the "end will obviously justify the means". A more realistic viewpoint is to adapt to it as best you can(inner peace as others have said).

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

I'd say that only the new generations can bring peace to this world...If they would be acknowledged of things like this,then maybe they would try to change something, and look around the hope is running around everywhere,yet we sometimes don't even try to do something,me included[unfortunately].
But yeah,we are the new generation,so we should try to make it at least a bit more peaceful...
But then after we really have peace? Will it last forever,or is it just the silence before the big storm...?

Well...Wars were fought trough the whole time of humans,so after so many years it would be really nice to stop it. I mean some countries still fight,and I don't see the meaning of it,sorry,it brings only sacrifices and pain, but it seems it's in the human nature to do so...Such things make me sad...
And yeah this is just me,maybe the reality seems else...If someone has to put something to this then please do so,and so we could raise our knowledge too.
Thank you KuchukuTulip for this thread!

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

What I mean is it is rarely as simple as "you leave me alone and I leave you alone".
Peace will mean different things to different people. For example

Palestine: peace will be achieved when the Israelis get off our land and leave us alone
Israel: peace will be achieved when the Palestinians get off our land and leave us alone

Taliban: Peace will be achieved when America stops attacking us and gets out of Afghanistan.
America: Peace will be achieved when the Taliban stop attacking us and get out of Afghanistan.

These are gross oversimplifications of complex and dynamic situations but I hope you can see my point.

Another thing that has to be considered is not everyone wants peace.

Some people do not want peace "at any cost". Israel and Palestine do not want to give up their "God given land" for the sake of peace; it is a price they are not willing to pay.

Some people do not want peace at all i.e. arm traders. Where there are people wanting to kill each other, there is money to be made.

Lastly I wish people would stop saying religion is the cause of all wars. The human desire to hurt someone because they are different or for a "righteous cause" transcends religion. I honestly believe that more often than not religion is merely an excuse for war and if it didn't exist there would simply be another excuse.

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
Malcolm X

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Quote by shavo002i live in the murderer capital of the world, im sorry to say this, but that has made me kinda hopeless for peace.

this thread is made for the promotion of peace not its demotion and maybe if u have that teeny tiny hope and work for it then impossible would rarely be used in ur vocabulary.
@ everyone who thought of it as a joke, u wont get it till u want it, and by what some of u people are saying seems like u dont want it and maybe think that others cant get it too, no offense but u guys mostly sound lazy.
@UsagixKitsune; what u've said is right< about Israeli and Palestine, and, Taliban and America>, but where do u stand in this whole deal.
literate people when know whats going on give their opinions,they stand with good and fight against wrong.
which one r u?, no offense but u seem like the middle person who can go with anything,.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Tulip I don't think people think that this thread or the concept of Peace is a joke. I think you are very correct in your assumption that these people just don't "get it" because they have never seen how horrible it can get. Peace sounds like a fairly simple concept...but to make it work we will have to bare our souls to the fact that all members of this planet have special rights. The right to exist without a government or other power structure oppressing it's citizens. Moreover the right to freely exchange thoughts and ideas without reprise. Until then we are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again. (Insanity) And by the way this is an excellent thread to open up a dialog about this very important topic.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

I try to keep my arguments as objective as possible to avoid mixing opinions with fact. There's nothing more annoying in a forum than "I THINK this therefore it's true".

Anyway personally I don't think you should force people who choose to fight into peace. Forcing anyone to do anything only creates more conflict. If peace really is the best thing for everyone then everyone should realise it on their own. On the other hand, promoting peace because it suits you personally, and without considering how others feel, is just selfish.

Quote: u seem like the middle person who can go with anything

I understand why you think that is a bad thing.
You call it lazy I call it apathy.
I feel more like I don't know what to do rather than can't be bothered to do anything.

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

^ ur opening is ur own and no one, more specifically this thread is forcing u or anyone to do or favor anything that u dont want, like i said everyone has their own equal rights in which comes the freedom of thought and expression.

this thread was originally started to share something about peace and to motivate it.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

too true tulip, aggressive nature is not a form of peace and just one more reason why peace is not present further in this world as it should be by now. it's a dream that a lot of people share but as long as people have hate in their hearts then they will never embrace such a simple yet complex taboo of peace. this isn't a means for this part of the country or another just a simple request for peace.

p.s. this obtained by what I've read from other posts, my opinion :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

I dont really think peace is obtainable it is the human condition or whatever
What can be obtained is relative stability which I think people should work towards

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I made peace with the postman and all he does is shove bills in my letterbox.
Since peace failed me that day, I no longer believe it.
...I also threw a brick through his window.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

That seems like a perfectly logical response
well done

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by springheeljackThat seems like a perfectly logical response
well done

Where did all that irony come from?
In any case I won't spend 10 mins typing 7 paragraphs worth of words on Peace.. using various mind blowers and other forms of statistical variables to complicate a simple example which could just convey the message. Y'know?
All in all, nohate.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

peace dosent mean everything's free.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Sincerely speaking I see no reason why this thread was made other than to take up space. I understand your intention but it doesn't suffice when you're talking about a large-scale problem, not to mention out of most of the replies here.. none of them really made any particular difference when compared to replies in the off-topic section.

I'm just saying if this kind of thread is to be opened and is actually made with an intention to be -serious-, then a lot more effort should have been put into it. Other than that, no.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.