Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 got any study tips? - Minitokyo

got any study tips?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

I'm getting ready for our finals exam this coming second week of March... the test will contain questions of ALL topics we had since the start of school... of course, I have to pass that (even though I feel I have no chance)

I am studying, although I admit that I'm not the type of person who can easily cope up with a topic unless it is represented visually... its also hard to study on my own... because of that, I tend to easily forget what I just reviewed... my laziness and boredom are tempting me not to study...

so, got any tips for an effective studying?

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

study in 1 hour intervals, go from top to botom, if you get something wrong, go to the top of the page and repeat until you get the whole page correctly.

try to imagine yourself teaching those things you are studying to someone else

take some minutes to rest between the hour intervals.

eat, eat enough.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Quote by shavo002study in 1 hour intervals, go from top to botom, if you get something wrong, go to the top of the page and repeat until you get the whole page correctly.

try to imagine yourself teaching those things you are studying to someone else

take some minutes to rest between the hour intervals.

eat, eat enough.

thank you... although I don't think 1 hour is enough since I got 8 subjects to study...
but I agree with the "eat, eat enough." ^^

IMkhaos

IMkhaos

The world's end..

come up with a schedule... one subject per day until you finished reviewing for all of your subject.. :D

try studying again before you sleep.. cause they said, all the things you read before you sleep, tomorrow morning, you can still remember.. XD it works for me.. ^^Y
and at your exam day, don't read anything and just relax.. it can cause mental block..

If your head hurts from too much reading or nothing retains from your mind etc.. relax and eat chocolate.. it can lessen the stress in your mind.. or eat apples to enhance your memory...

good luck and I hope that helps..

Signature Image

Uhm... When I was younger, I sang my lessons... Then, I knew everything by heart =3
Also learn indeed before you sleep.
Never forget to have a break when you feel it has difficulties to enter. If you don't, it won't ever enter in your mind...! I noticed that doing some breaks really helps...
Oh, and if you can, why not studying with your friends ? It works very well with me =)

That's all I can advice you I think... I wish you good luck ! =)

I'm ready to bingo

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

That sounds like a brutal test. 0_o!

My most effective study strategies or ones I have seen:

-flash cards
its time consuming, but some people swear by it.

-study group
this is amazingly effective if done with the right people. Of course it can back fire if you try to do it with a bunch of goofs who can't stop talking.

- review old tests
if this exam is just a review of the whole year, chances are they will ask you stuff that they already tested you on. If nothing else make sure you are familiar with the stuff that you know was worth a lot of credit in past tests.

- take breaks
I know you said you have a lot to study, but I agree with doing things in hour intervals. Its hard to study effectively in marathons of studying. You have a lot of subjects to cover so I would suggest an hour of studying followed by a half hour of break but doing this basically from the time you wake up to the time you sleep. That should give you at least a half dozen hours of studying a day. And since each hour comes from a fresh break you should be as efficient as possible.

- take notes, make 'cheat sheet'
Reading can be helpful but I think its much more helpful to write things down. I would write down a seperate 'cheat sheet' (btw, I don't mean bringing in those notes to actually cheat, but just having everything written down so you can easily find things and study them all quickly). It helps to remember and saves time later on so you aren't flipping through books and stuff.

So....yeah. Hope that helps.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

make something to look forward to :)

Videled

Videled

Er..

Put some pressure on you, and always have it on your mind ! Write it in front of you, so every time you face up, you read it !

Like..
If you don't study, you'll DIE !

;).

*I hope I'm not too late.. :-

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.