Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need vectoring advice - PS3 - Minitokyo

Need vectoring advice - PS3

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I've been vectoring fine for some time..but all of a sudden I'm getting these jagged lines when using the pen tool - to stroke paths
Can someone please help me resolve this? I don't remember changing any tool settings
Also someone gave me a suggestion of adding a 'feather' to the pen tool, but I can't figure out how to do it?

My current WIP - with jagged lines T_T here

Thank you!

Also find me at deviantART
Signature
celestial-luminesse chamber-of-kings clamp-a-holic fye-fans blackbutler-kuroshitsuji clampfans tsubasa

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

what jagged line thing are you mentioning? the edges of the outlines? or the line art itself? I can say that the line art is not jagged, though it looks crooked... can you upload it to other site so we can see its fuul size?

if I want to smoothen the line edge, I usually do the pen tool selection... I select the part I want to remove/smoothen using the pen tool and I select it... it might be probably the feather your friend is talking about...

stroking paths in lines, although its can also be the most noticeable thing an error can stick to, so it really needs a nice manipulation to avoid getting those jagged line art... honestly, the line art is a little weird and the spots with error are clearly visible... but I think this just needs a few more practice then you'll get the technique to it! :))

hey..thank you for replying!

I'm asking about the lineart itself...not the crooked part (that's me ^^' )but the lines i get when i stroke are a bit blurred, like above the frill-thingy...I want to know why that's happening..It didnt happen before...i used to get smooth lines like in her leg

Also find me at deviantART
Signature
celestial-luminesse chamber-of-kings clamp-a-holic fye-fans blackbutler-kuroshitsuji clampfans tsubasa

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

A... you don't really need to worry about that. You can see crooked or jagged lines because the colors are contrasting. Your lineart is fine as it is. Trust me on that, because those are usually what you see when you do the lineart especially since the BG color is white. I sually encounter that ^^.
Just continue doing your lineart and then after you've done the base color, you try to color your lineart (not black, but something close to your base color that is darker). This way, the colors won't be contrasting and it won't look jagged.

No need for the feather selection thingy.

another tip for smoothing the lineart is to apply gaussian blur to it around 0.2-0.3 (but I don't usually do that to my walls anymore).

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.