Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion for the ecchi filter - Minitokyo

Suggestion for the ecchi filter

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I was just thinking, when the ecchi filter blocks a page, it says that the page was either moved or doesn't exist, and that seems to me like it could be really misleading... Since that's not actually the case when the ecchi filter is off, it would be nice if there could be a different notice. Maybe stating something that lets you know it blocked a page with ecchi material on it, rather than having the same message if you had encountered a problem with a page.

EDIT: Maybe a more clear explanation...

Rather than seeing this when the filter blocks something:
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/4774/110308195257.jpg

It should just say something like "Ecchi material blocked"

Otherwise it makes you think the page is removed, and you might report it for some reason ^^;;

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

interesting idea, but I don't know if this is what you mean or what, but in my opinion, I don't think we should even view ecchi stuff while not logged in. believe it or not you might actually get even more members. and we shouldn't be able to see the ecchi while the filter is on. I have tested this theory out several times, and I have noticed that I can still see the ecchi on the front page and even before I log in. this will place the ecchi filter even more useful. sadly that does not apply if the ecchi tag is not in place right off the bat, but it will help for future users.

but leaf, if it gives a notice/notification that ecchi was blocked this could send people into asking questions about the problem, or asking how to turn the filter on/off but if would give aide in clearing up the confusion as to why the item is not loading or missing link altogether. but there's the problem of people's profiles when they fav ecchi things, or what about those that have ecchi in their avatar or profile stuff that isn't affiliated with mt whatsoever.

I'm certain sheq will look into this though, it sounds like a promising thought and progress all the same, nothing wrong with suggestions and seeing where things might lead to :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Yea the page was moved..
Moved out of your sight because you didn't wanna see it. <-- see?

So in other words all you wanna do is change the notice given to people when they have the Ecchi Filter on because if it's on, it gives a notice similar to when the picture was deleted.

...and who uses the Ecchi Filter in the 21st century?

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

*raises hand* I use it... But, yes, that's basically what I'm suggesting to change :o

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

You're one of the only members in MT with 5 terrabytes of Ecchi. What're you on about? Lol

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I'm more interested to know how you get there when you have your ecchi filter enabled :p

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

How I get where? :o

And OMG, Sheqel commented on my thread! O_O

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Still , you have to consider the fact that some users might Tag something as minor as a typical beach scene as "Ecchi" ( Undeniably so , it IS Ecchi :P ) and you might probably miss out some of the images because of the "possible and upcoming filter" XD

Maybe a filter search system would be better?

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by LeafsapphireHow I get where? :o

And OMG, Sheqel commented on my thread! O_O

To the error page..

and I'm just as normal as the next guy ._.

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I get to the error page usually because someone sends a link on IRC or something, and I go to it :o

Does that mean I don't have to bow? ^^;

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

.....So it's not the filters fault as it is more of your curiosity of clicking the link which I assumed you never asked what it is about.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Err, no...

No it's not ._.

I'm talking about if other people encounter the same problem :o

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Well if it's only from IRC or something then it's working as intended.

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Okies, leaving it as-is, then? ^^

It was just a suggestion, so don't trouble yourselves over it if you don't want to :3

deviant2

deviant2

Banned

Yeah ...

I think H & Ecchi or somethin like for mature/adult audience should be removed / hidden (even only little) by default setting.
All search engine have a filter too ...

im sure you dont wanna your little cute bro/sis see that thing & turn into that think ...

currently ... im blocking all websites & IP address which doesnt have mature/adult content filtering (including MT) [see:top & bottom image (http://static.minitokyo.net/header.jpg) ] ...
i open these firewall if i stay.

merged: 04-03-2011 ~ 09:50am
well ... it seems little bit hard since each user can customize their profile.

solution :
1. double design (whew ... your sever cost will grow)
or 2. need approval (i dont think this is good idea)
or 3. there is report button. (oops ... you gonna need some1 to handle reported content/profile/p.content)
4. i think it later ... i dont have any idea rightnow ...

I started programming because I needed money for food. Now, I'm so busy programming I don't have time to eat!
Signature

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.