Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why My Scan Was Deleted? - Minitokyo

Why My Scan Was Deleted?

Tagged under Gall Force

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Quote: minayuri,

The scan you have submitted (Looking Up) was removed for the following reason:

- It is identical to another scan in the gallery. Your version is smaller or lower quality than the existing version.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

I submitted this scan I titled Looking Up, a while back, that looked like this,Looking Up, which is of high quality. I ask why my scan was deleted since I submitted it in first and I believe the following scan that was recently submitted, scan should've been the one deleted, as it is of lower quality and since the one I had submitted is higher in quality.

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

It doesn't matter which scan is submitted first. The new scan is bigger and the quality is ok so that's enough to delete a smaller version. I would have kept your scan if the new scan had a really bad quality.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

That's why I provided links to the one I had posted versus the one recently submitted, the one that was recently submitted is poor quality, it looks grainy. I would understand if the new scan was of higher qualty than the one I had submitted, but I still don't understand why mine was deleted.

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Your scan was deleted because the new one is bigger and we keep the bigger versions. Like I said I would have kept your scan if the newer one had a really bad quality.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I still feel disheartned by this decision as I still feel the one I submitted was of better quality and having it deleted was an unfair decision, this is just my opinion, but shouldn't the better looking scan remain on the site, regardless of the resolution?

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Then we would have to delete a lot of bigger scans and keep the smaller ones. Like I said if a bigger scan has a quality that is good enough we keep the bigger one.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

But do you take into account the overall quality of the scan, such as how it actually looks and compare it to a similar scan previously submitted? Sometimes the larger one may be of poor quality of appearance, such as looking grainy and other such things such a jpeg artifacts that make the scan look dirty. I feel the scan that was recently submitted was of poor quality.

Please understand my distress over the matter, a good number of my scans have been deleted for the past month and it is saddening.

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Of course I have compared both scans. I always compare scans before deleting them and if someone asks for the reason I compare them again. The new scan has no jpeg artifacts and it doesn't look dirty. It's just a little but grainy like you said but the overall quality is sill good enough for me. I won't say anything different no matter how often you ask.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.