Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hakuouki Wall, advise needed - Minitokyo

Hakuouki Wall, advise needed

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Hi! I'm working on a new wall, but I run out of ideas.
Tell me what you think?

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9792/okitawallcopy4.th.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9792/okitawallcopy4.jpg

Credits:
Scan: Okita Souji here
Brush: Japanese Floral by MouritsaDA-Stock here
Texture: vintage grunge textures by Princess-of-Shadows here

All comments are apreciated!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Ohh, this looks really nice. I applaud you for the proper crediting of your resources, first and foremost. Not many do that from what I've seen nowadays...

As for the wall, it looks very nice and very...oriental, lol. I like the minimalistic colors and the combination of reds and beige. In terms of advice, the transition of Souji into the background is nicely done though I'm not sure about that line that goes through his pectoral muscles, the one that's still slightly visible from blending the images together. Unless of course, that was your intention. I'd also advise you to perhaps flip the image of him to the right since most users have their icons on the left side and we wouldn't like to have the bishie covered. XD The text...could be blended perhaps a bit more and lowered down. Or you could place it differently like in those old Japanese scrolls where the letters fell vertically... Just my suggestion.

Overall, this looks really nice so far. Keep it up! :D

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Well, I don't think that the wording really gives the feel that the background does.. or maybe the background doesn't give the feel that the wording does. For eg. When I see the words 'I will kill any..' I don't think a yellow BG and flowers really help assert the meaning of the sentence.. especially when the sentence is in the middle-right of the screen. But whichever works, it looks fine right now.
I admit that the blending of the character into the background was good work though, the colors blended together well enough. (though it looks like some of the texture is making his hair to the left of his face look odd.)
Other than that it looks good enough for me.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

I like the BG and how it blends with the handsome bishie! :)) Although the font style (and even the positioning) of the phrase is quite bothering me. It kills the traditional look of the wall. I suggest you make (or much better: search) the phrase in Kanji (Japanese alphabet) and use a Kanji calligraphy font to make it even more traditional. Although I also agree on darthas that the phrase itself could be changed since the phrase does not suit the mood of the wallpaper's current look.

Either way, I like the wall and I look forward to it once its done.

I made some changes on this wall, but still I'm not completely happy the the final result...
What do you think?
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8718/okitawallcopy.th.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8718/okitawallcopy.jpg

Quote by darthasWell, I don't think that the wording really gives the feel that the background does.. or maybe the background doesn't give the feel that the wording does. For eg. When I see the words 'I will kill any..' I don't think a yellow BG and flowers really help assert the meaning of the sentence..

Yes, I know that... I tried to make that contrast reflect the character personality: an awsome swordsman and an extremely kind guy. Maybe I should try a different picture instead of the flowers..

Quote by josephine12cuteI suggest you make (or much better: search) the phrase in Kanji and use a Kanji calligraphy font to make it even more traditional.

I really wanted to write in kanji, it would result in a more oriental wall, but as I don't know how to read it, it would probably result on a weard phrase... I also tried to translate just some of the words (like Kill-? or Shinsengumi-???), but I didn't find any good font for Kanji characters... (and if I find it how would I write in Kanji whit a ocidental keybord?)

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it looked good on your first attempt, but I really like the second attempt. the kanji gives it a good detail work. I'm certain those that can read those will be more than happy to translate it for you, wish I could but I can't, but to be on the safe side, if you don't know what they mean, in case you're not going to upload something with bad words/phrases :) to me it looks fine the way it is, adding anything else might over shadow and be too cluttered. if this is running out of ideas then wow, run out of ideas more often ;)

p.s. didn't mean for any of the above post to sound rude and sorry if it did

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Submitted here: Okita's Resolve by ilufa
Okita's Resolve by ilufa

Thread closed.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.