Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My browser seems to be lagging a bit - Minitokyo

My browser seems to be lagging a bit

page 1 of 1 8 total items

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

To be specific , I have three different browsers.
Firefox , Chrome and IE.
... and all of them started to go slow despite the fact that I have perfect internet connection ( Well , near perfect anyway )
For some reason , the browser keeps bugging up and refuses to...
1. Open the site
2. Open the site properly ( The words and links and images are all jumbled up )
3. Load images quickly ( Image loading became really slow all of a sudden )

I don't really think it have anything to do with my internet connection seeing that I can play MMOs without much of a hitch , so it certainly have something to do with the browser.
So , does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

maybe need the latest updates or something like that? dont know much to help you in this pal... :/

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

something you could check is press ctrl+alt+delete and open task manager and see if there are any programs or processes using an unusual amount of memory and/or cpu time.

It's most likely to be a temporary problem with your internet connection. If all programs are running slowly and not just webbrowsers then it might be a virus on your computer.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

sometimes I have the same problem, but I run no-script and adblock plus and use only firefox so this could be a consideration. some times add-ons can also contribute to a site running not as smoothly. they are also working on the site from time to time so that could be another factor. peak time as well, for either your end or the site end. and also, if you're running things in the background, like downloads, messengers, updates and task managers.

try coming on at different hours of the day and see if this problems persists, then you can start to narrow down if it's the browser, online, the site, so forth, all of these can play a factor. but if all these stay the same then usagi has a good point, time to run a virus scanner (which I hope you have on your system) and see what it might find. it's not a bad idea to run a virus scan, depending on net space, anywhere from a week to a month. downloading, social networks, etc.

hope this helps as well

BuBbLeS!

Signature

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Mmm.... Well , I did run a mild virus check so I suppose I'd better run a thorough check this time round since I tend NOT to open any other programmes when I'm browsing through the net :P
Hopefully this problem doesn't persist , 'cause it's causing me to lose a lot of Credits from reloading and a lot of time as I try to read Manga online :o

merged: 03-15-2011 ~ 05:43am
Hahahaha...
Guess what I found , a Trojan in the update of a supposedly "safe MMO game"
.... I'm never gonna play it again =.=

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

wow...be carefull with these online games...they can be a pain in the butt since most of them leave you with a virus...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Hahaha.... and my browser is still lagging a bit , though the speed improved drastically.
*Scratches head*
Guess I'm gonna have to dig out the other reason of the slow loading speed...

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

well,since the internet speed isnt the problem
and you did away with that trojan horse...
try the pc speed...maybe you have too many processes going on that time,maybe it causes it to simply lag...
i cant remember of another reason now,i'll let you know if i think anything new :)

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.