Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Something is missing. - Minitokyo

Something is missing.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

david16

david16

Gao!

I just began making wallpapers. This is a wallpaper that I created by just expanding the CG and adding the logo, but I would like your comment on how to improve. Like the blur, other effects I could add and sites for backgrounds, boarders and renders.

http://i55.tinypic.com/hs2wia.jpg

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

If you can, please use a thumbnail view as stated in this post: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66261

Signature Image

david16

david16

Gao!

Quote by fireflywishesIf you can, please use a thumbnail view as stated in this post: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66261

Like that?

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Sooo blurry. You may have to find a better quality image. I also fail to see what you've done with this other than adjusting the colors and adding a border and logo? I see no CG expanding.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

david16

david16

Gao!

Quote by BernouliSooo blurry. You may have to find a better quality image. I also fail to see what you've done with this other than adjusting the colors and adding a border and logo? I see no CG expanding.

Thanks, so what do you suggest?

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Agree with Bernouli.... the image is low quality and I expected to see some CG expansion but I didn't... is there even anything you've done in the wallpaper? (sorry if I may appear harsh...)

david16

david16

Gao!

Quote by josephine12cuteAgree with Bernouli.... the image is low quality and I expected to see some CG expansion but I didn't... is there even anything you've done in the wallpaper? (sorry if I may appear harsh...)

yup, I tried resizing and sharpening, sigh, well any tips on what I can do to take away the blur and how to make it better. I'm using Paint.net, but if there is any other program, it would be appreciated if you could tell me.

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

If your image is very small, then resizing would definitely make it blurry. I suggest you either find a better scan with better quality and bigger resolution or learn vectoring and vectoring it.

Signature Image

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

Paint.net --- is that a web site?

well, one thing I can say is that if you originally had a smaller image and "made it larger" of course it will be blurry and sharpening isn't going to help... if resizing and sharpening are the only things you've done, then it would be a candidate for an effortless wallpaper...

I currently use Photoshop, but if Paint.net can do things like vectoring and such, then it would be nice if you learn how to do it

david16

david16

Gao!

Thanks, I'll try. I thought Sharpening was what you guys used, but I see it is vectoring.

Hmmm, it is quite complicated, but it is worth it! :)

Again, thanks

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

nope... sharpening is used as color enhancement or when the current aren't the type you wanted it to be... its usually done as finishing touch... but using only sharpening is not a good thing for a wallpaper... its too effortless...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.