Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Removal of credits and achievements - Minitokyo

Removal of credits and achievements

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next » 302 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

The Minitokyo Staff has decided to completely remove the credit system, which means that all downloads are free from now on!
So anyone who always had too little credits or felt forced to participate, rejoice, because now everything is free to download.

For those of you who have been diligently saving your credits, don't worry. Your participation will not have been for naught, as a new achievement system has been introduced in its place.

This is similar to certain games, where achievements can be earned by accomplishing certain feats, and unlike the credit system, will not be necessary in order to download from Minitokyo.

On Minitokyo, most achievements have multiple levels, where a higher level indicates a harder version of its lower-level predecessor. For example, there is an achievement to post a certain number of forum posts, where level one could require ten posts and level two a hundred posts. The highest level is generally quite rare to achieve.

A few achievements only have one level.
All achievements at or above level three (or at maximum level) will be displayed on your userpage.

More achievements are likely to be added over time, but some achievements may be removed if they incite unwanted behavior. Ideas for other achievements can certainly be posted here as well.

To view your achievement progress, which has been retroactively awarded where applicable, visit Achievements.
Achievements where you do not have any progression will be grayed out, and fully completed achievements where all levels have been attained are indicated as such as well.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Yatta~

Can't wait to hear the member response!

Signature Image

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

wow,that new system is cool...it indicates a member's time here in MT...nice...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

Woah! Veeeery cool! ~ :DD
Thanks! ?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

this is a wonderful idea and it sounds like more fun ^-^

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Personally, I think this is much better.

People who have accounts but can't download (because of few credits) can now have the special privilege and treatment. Its quite unfair for others who can't afford to contribute just to have credits. This is really a nice change! :))

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

It is about time my fevered postings are recognized

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Looks pretty cool!

Thank you for that news! It's appreciated!

bafyte

bafyte

aihara.chan

Wow! I didnt even notice that there are no one credits :P but i think it's better this way. I remember when I first joined it took me some time before I could download wallies. This achievement thing is awesome! One of the best things on MT. :D ME LIKEE :D

aihara.chan

we might be apart but i want you to know, you will always be with me wherever i go :)
Signature

I wondered

Wanting to be someone else is the waste of the person you are.

well

i didnt have anything against the old point-for download system, it seemed fair enough

but i have to admit, this new thing with the achievements, kicks ass
it's awesome :D

.:: every moment is unique ::.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Love it! Definitely an improvement over the credits system, now members who participate less in the gallery and more in the forums, for example, will have their activity recognized more <3
I'm totally aiming for maximum attention whore level now 8d

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

aiki-san

aiki-san

Aiki

Wow ^_^ it's amazing! Thank you very much))) this system is really cool)

I love you.....^_^

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Woo, achievements! So that's the feature you were talking about on msn today! XD

Personally, I like it (probably because I like my walling achievements, bwaha! >D) but it will get some getting used to. Still, kudos for enabling everyone to use this site to the fullest. :3

Signature

DarkWolf2011

DarkWolf2011

In the Dark side

is an excellent idea and I see that many think the same ^^, MT gets better everyday n.n

Solo la oscuridad de mi alma me hace fuerte,La oscuridad es mi camino...las tinieblas mi trono...y tu agonia mi aliento
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕ ‿ ◕░▒▓█▇▅▂ Signature Image

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Is there anything you can do with the achievements?

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

ChaoticMirage

ChaoticMirage

just walk on! yeah!

i think that this is awesome, minitokyo is the best, thanks for that fantastic decision, congratulations. :D

Signature Image

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3669/7606bf2027755cce1b0a718.jpg
Kotonoha-chan wants her credits back....

This seems to me as a very nice idea!
Like it up until now...Guess it was some longer work to get this rolling,well anyway,I come to my point:
How about adding achievements for reporting?
Just an idea,I mean no provocation.

thanks, thanks

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Oh it's all coming out now Mery. No one likes a grass, you better watch your back bro.

That is a good point though, I liked reporting people too.

Awesome! :) thank you so much.

Signature Image

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

lol can we have an achievement for posting in people's GBs? XDDD

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next » 302 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.