Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question about Creatures Tag - Minitokyo

Question about Creatures Tag

page 1 of 1 6 total items

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Hi, erm. I've been wondering about this Creatures Meta tag. How does it work really? Obviously animals and birds etc. fall under there, but then you also have Hibird, Nyanko-sensei, Mokona and omg even Personas. And yet, no Pikachu or Digimon as far as I can see. So I'm curious about the definition of this tag...

Also, wouldn't it be a lot easier if members could tag scans with Meta tags as well? ^_^;; Just my thought.

EDIT: Next thing you know, the stitch and Timcampy will be tagged as creatures as well. I ish confused.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I wanted to add it to some scans too because I didn't know what creatures they were =_= I think Hibird and the others are tagged under Creatures because they look like animals. And Pikachu...well, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a Pokemon >_>" Don't know if there's a special tag for Pokemons, though (I'm guessing not, since it'd be confused with the series itself). Maybe Creatures is reserved for more realistic-looking animals?

I think Meta tags are more like lists, just to host certain tags under one name. I suppose that when you add the "Birds" tag, the "Creatures" one is implicit even though we can't see it.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I don't pokemon or digimon should be included in the creatures list 'cause in their "universe" all animal-like beings are pokemon/digimon. While Timcampy for example, is really a different creature in an universe where there are nomal animals. Same goes for Hibird or Uri. I'm not sure if this clear. It made sense in my head at least lol.

Yeah, as pande pointed out already, Meta tags serves as group-tag type. There are meta tags for Artbooks, Series, Apparel, Uniforms, Hair, Colors, etc, etc.
I remember that at some point I was able to add the creature tag to scans, but yeah, it seems it doesn't work anymore. Maybe we could do an exception for this tag and let members use it as a standalone tag instead. But it's definitely not happening for ALL meta tags.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Thanks for the replies, pande, Fran!

lol so basically, the Creatures tag isn't completely defined yet? Okay, I kind of get your logic, Fran, about the idea of animals depending on the universe. ^_^ Though that doesn't completely cover why birds, bees etc. are also considered Creatures, in that logic lol. But I guess Pokemon/Digimon can be considered exceptions. Would be easier too in the long run - the character list for Pokemon is kind of scarily long lol.

All right, so Meta tags are lists of tags in a certain category. It makes sense to restrict the right to make meta tags for artbooks and series to MT staff only then. Otherwise they would be getting right headaches over wrong titles, creation of publisher tags etc. >_< The creatures tags would be handy to use though. :3 And maybe categories like manhua/manhwa..

Thankfully people don't search for creatures of particular attributes or we'll be tagging 'furry', 'yellow fur', 'scaly' etc. lol

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

2 Cents are far as creatures are concerned: The way I think about it is that creatures are any non-human entity. (minus like spirits and ghosts)

As far as your examples in your first post aozora, Hibird is for all intensive purposes a bird, nyanko-sensei is for all intensive purposes a cat, etc. Thus they would be included in "Creatures" because they are also child tags of "birds" and "cats".

BTW: We already have a meta tag for manhwa. Not sure what the purpose of tagging an image as manhwa would be if the series is already meta tagged with manhwa...

Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Thanks for answering too, firefly. :)
It still appears to me that the creatures tag isn't absolutely defined. I guess the closest definition would be yours, firefly - "Any non-human entity. (minus like spirits and ghosts)" And I suppose, minus 'creature-intensive manga 'pets'' eg. Pokemon and Digimon.
Works for me! ^_^

Ah, I was pondering on whether non-elite members could tag creatures and manhwa/manhua themselves, because I thought it would make it simpler than having to post them on the tag admin thread and then the mods have to pick it up and set the tags. Since manhua/manhwa generally isn't featured as much as anime/manga here... But I guess that could make it messier for the mods so nvm. ^^;

Thank you for all the replies!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.