Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what natural desaster have you expereanced - Minitokyo

what natural desaster have you expereanced

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

like in the tital what natural desaster did you experance and how did you survive it it could be anything from a flood or earth quake to a tornado

and what can be done to help save more lives in such a desaster

as you all know japan (ware im from) has expereanced a very horrible desaster and its not over yet and we do thank everyone who is doing what they can to help us out in this time of need

anyways tell us your story or a story youve herd about ^-^

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

evelsubaru

evelsubaru

the anime addict

well i think you know my story but ill tell anyways ^-^

i was in the quake and tsunami desaster i was with my grand parents when the quake hit and not long after the tsunami warnings went off so we were going to prepare to get to higher ground but before we got out of the house the tsunami hit and it washed away the house with us in it my grand parents sadly did not make it but me and my sisters did and thankfully to our mother and father were home in tokyo safe and sound but we still get a fright every time theres a quake hopefully this will end soon

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

i remember ^-^ but thanks for sharing it anyways *huggz*

??????
Signature

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

I was born in the small seaside town, it always has strong storm. The roof of my house have ever been blown away by the strong wind, its terrible. For god sake, my family be ok cuz my house located in centre, but have alots people who live close o sea was died T.T
Every year, it still happen

the world is like a mirror, if we face it smillin' , it smiles right back ^^Signature Image

evelsubaru

evelsubaru

the anime addict

wow thats really sad but im glad you family is safe ^-^

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

your very fortunet that you were located in a safer part of the town but its sad that people have died

thank you for sharing your story ^-^

??????
Signature

Thankfully, nothing yet.
We've had a flood before but I would not say it's on par with disasters.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

Kanashter

Kanashter

MOAR BASS

I've been in multiple earthquakes, fires, very large storms and a few floods

Flood in my city and state as well as other state in the region. It was the biggest flood in Australia causing widespread damage to houses and infrastructure and 20 killed. Although I was overseas at the time so I only managed to get news elsewhere. I am lucky our area was safe since only the area near the river of the city, CBD and other low-lying suburbs were flooded.

But compared to the recent disaster in Japan it is nothing. I feel more for the Japanese for what they have to go through, not just natural disaster but man-made onces as well.

That just my thought if you need to help victims of disaster, the best way is to donate to charities that matters or get involved in helping people. That probably the best you can do anyway ^^

Be pleasant and fun is the best way to spend time

erald123

erald123

I make my own destiny

heavy rain

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

tornados in ohio well on lake erie its really cool watching them

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

@subaru and luchia-san, my govement had alots ways to diminish misfortune, so hehe thanks.
Your family be survived so dont waste time of ur life. Let's smile and you'll be lucky always

merged: 04-12-2011 ~ 02:47pm
@Falbare90: ive never seen the tornados, i saw it on Tv and it blows everythin away. If it doesnt destroy everythin, It will be beautiful ^^

merged: 04-12-2011 ~ 02:59pm
@shoemaster: thats too bad, im glad your safe. And i agree with you, we should donate cuz it makes our pray come true. But if we havent material condition, we should pray for them, ok

merged: 04-12-2011 ~ 02:59pm
@shoemaster: thats too bad, im glad your safe. And i agree with you, we should donate cuz it makes our pray come true. But if we havent material condition, we should pray for them, ok

the world is like a mirror, if we face it smillin' , it smiles right back ^^Signature Image

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Hurricanes, I live in Florida and we're very due to be slammed by a power hurricane but as of late we haven't experienced any(last one I think was charlie). Hurricanes in general suck for us since we have to deal with storm surges with almost nothing natural to give us elevation(Florida is pretty flat), which is why we should keep the Everglades and mangroves from being paved over.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

i have only experienced earth quakes.

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

@Tulip: Earthquakes always bring bad things to people, right now

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

they really do.

erdeteha

erdeteha

vectorist not terrorist

I've ever experienced an earth-quake and volcano eruption.. those are terrible (_ _)'

happy and positive

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I was raised a military brat myself so I was pretty much endured to many climate changes and areas. I've been through flash floods, which are horrible, I've seen them move houses/cabins as if they were nothing. I've seen tornadoes touch down and not bother a building but wreck havoc upon a bridge and other buildings in the area. I've been through countless hurricanes, the highest being a category 4. I have been fascinated by nature every since I was a little kid, standing outside and watching a lightning storm, admiring the lightning as it danced in the sky. also been through some earthquakes, with 3.2 being the highest though haven't encountered anything higher than that, also been close to a fire storm once, dad was like the heck with this (of course that wasn't the words he used ;) ) and we got the most important things and fled, we had to stay in the van, but at least we were able to get out and thankfully the fire danced nearly, didn't destroy the living quarters.

there really isn't a way to save lives in such disasters. like the hurricane which struck Louisiana, Katrina, not everyone could go and stay with someone, had the money to leave, etc. you can merely brave the storm and hope for the best. for some disasters we could escape from, but can people really afford to. there are poor people everywhere, due to the government possibly worse off than they once were. if we have no where to go we must face the consequences. nothing wrong with having a plan within communities in the case of a disaster, or an act of mother nature. but people have lost trust in their fellow neighbor :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Hiroyuki-sing

Hiroyuki-sing

Aren't I lovely?

Well went though hurricane Katrina when I was little and our house got flooded with 5 inches of water. But in our town we helped every on out.

PASTAAAA 8D

evelluchia

evelluchia

wow such interisting stories ^-^ im glad that you all were able to make it through these desasters ok ^-^

@angel its very sad that people have lost trust in each other but i find these events dispite how horrible and devistating they are it actually brings people together that you wouldent have bothered to speek too or make friends with so theres always some good in these situations ^-^

??????
Signature

Stigma13

Stigma13

N.e:aR

I've been in some floods, but nothing how Japan or something like that, if i were in a situation like that i will help everyone, i don't know how i guess with a place to live temporaly or with food

"Sommes-nous les jouets du destin
souviens-toi des moments divins
planant,

evelluchia

evelluchia

thats very kind of you ^-^

??????
Signature

Stigma13

Stigma13

N.e:aR

I only want to help people if they have a troble, it's the least that i can make for them

"Sommes-nous les jouets du destin
souviens-toi des moments divins
planant,

evelluchia

evelluchia

thats a very good way of thinking ^-^

??????
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.