Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime from our Childhood - Minitokyo

Anime from our Childhood

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Do you remember Willy Fog (intro) and Dogtanian (intro)?

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

sailor moon was a favorite back then but I'm sure every little girl(even those who don't even give a crap about anime now) was into that. My first anime offically was voltron but since I was born in the last year 'a the 80s I caught it during its run in the 90s through toonami. I loved tenchi muyo back in the day as well and wanted to be ryoko so badly xD She was actually one 'a my first cosplay attempts but that came years later /heh pokemon I came onto a little late as well as Yu-Gi-Oh probably because the overwhelming popularity annoyed me at the time <,< but oh well. I actually was never really into dbz(waits for crap storm) seeing that a few people have mentioned it. My brother used ta be into dbz and annoyed me about it(thats the only anime he ever watched xD). I did also watch the sonic x anime and alot 'a that 4kids dubbed stuff back then x_x

but meh I still do watch sonic x on occasions as well as Yu-Gi-Oh DM when it comes on. My anime watching was on the uprise when I got into high school though xD Then thats when I started cosplaying and the such /heh life story ftw .....

meh sig banners are overrated

mela

mela

~*mela-chan*~

my first anime was MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH (i think) back when i was like, i guess 6 or 7? not really sure..

the following anime i watched back then were:
FUSHIGI YUUGI (i remember arguing with classmates about the plot since it was shown in 2 channels - AXN and GMA7 in the Philippines)
CARD CAPTOR SAKURA (i super liked this although looking back, the plot seems stupid since sakura just retrieved the cards she lost in the first place.. oh well)
GUNDAM WING (the part wherein Heero Yuy self-destructed the G-Wing had a big impact on me.. even now i couldn't forget.. *chills*)
VANDREAD (this was shown in AXN.. it was cool and i think this was the first anime i watched in Jap with Subs)
AYASHI NO CERES (i think this one seemed incestuous but proved wrong.. i don't really remember.. better watch it again.. never seen the ending..)
GRANDER MUSASHI (got me interested in fishing although that interest wouldn't get me past touching worms)

there was also these although i didn't actually watch them:
DRAGON BALL (seemed dumb to me because of the monkey tail but hey, i liked the Super Saiyan thing)
YUYU HAKUSHO (entitled GHOST FIGHTER in Philippine TV.. still being shown in PH TV until now.. same goes for Dragon Ball..)

"Never be captivated by anyone, just live as yourself in the way you are."

ei friends! how are you?
always remember that i'm here if you need me! :)

Quote by melaAYASHI NO CERES (i think this one seemed incestuous but proved wrong.. i don't really remember.. better watch it again.. never seen the ending..)

Is "Ayashi no Ceres" the same as "La Familia Crece" (intro) I remember to see that on TV, but I never saw the end too..

love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

Quadratic

Quadratic

White Mage

My first anime... was probably Digimon, though I remember Pokemon coming shortly after. :P

Others I watched in my childhood:
- Sailor Moon
- Cardcaptors
- Inuyasha (I was 12 at the time, does that count?)

Yeah, I didn't watch much anime in my childhood... still don't. :P
I'm not much of an anime person... yet. Didn't have time cause of all the stuff I was doing (sports, school, friends). Dropped two of those now (sports and school, don't think I'm lonely now! ;_; ), so I'll need stuff to fill the time. I got video games taking up a few hours a day... still need something else. :P

THIS IS A SIGNATURE.
I dunno what to put here yet.

mela

mela

~*mela-chan*~

Quote: Is "Ayashi no Ceres" the same as "La Familia Crece" (intro) I remember to see that on TV, but I never saw the end too..

no i think it's Marmalade Boy.. i googled it and the pics were from marmalade boy :)

"Never be captivated by anyone, just live as yourself in the way you are."

ei friends! how are you?
always remember that i'm here if you need me! :)

I watched Flying Phantom Ship when I was a child;) and some Sailor Moon episodes, of course
How to save YouTube videos

doraemon
mojako
sailor moon
samurai x
slam dunk

WO HEN CHU SE

Kuroshitsuji101

Kuroshitsuji101

Save It For A Rainy Day.

I loved waking up at 2am just to watch Inuyasha,then I got older and realized that it had a sucky plot line XD
DBZ-gotta love Goku.
Sailor Moon-of course.
And Pokemon-didn't we all grow up with it? XD

riyusen

riyusen

Riyusen..

lol. this forum really makes me wanna laugh at my self coz it made me remember those anime i would skip school just to watch it. haha XD weell, as far as i could remember, i think the Starla and Skydancers are the first anime i've watched. also the blue blink! lol, i think i was just in grade school when they aired that, until now, i can still remember its opening theme XD

"what you see is not what you always get., ..Signature Image

Quote by mela

Quote: Is "Ayashi no Ceres" the same as "La Familia Crece" (intro) I remember to see that on TV, but I never saw the end too..

no i think it's Marmalade Boy.. i googled it and the pics were from marmalade boy :)

Yes, "La familia crece" was the spanish name for Marmalade boy.
And Ayashi no Ceres was also known is Spain as "La leyenda celestial"

And about the anime from my Childhood, well, they weren't my first animes, but I always remember "Idol Densetsu Eriko", it got me interested on japanese music XDD and, of course, Sailor Moon, which years later was the first manga I bought ^___^

New Results:
- Not surprinsing, Sailor Moon continues leading (15 votes)
- Pokemon gets the 2nd place (6 votes)
- Dragon Ball Z and Digimon are tied on the 3rd place (5 votes)

Doraemon and Dragon Ball Z. I could still remember those two after more than 10 years.

just watched sailormoon when i was kindergarten with my older sister

the first anime i watched was either Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon. But Yu-Gi-Oh was on at some odd times, so i never got to actually sit down and watch it. And Pokemon, i just didn't understand. It was/is good, but when i was younger i didn't understand the fascination.

The first anime that i actually got to watch and was able to get into was Fullmetal Alchemist, and that will always be my favorite anime.

~Eva

Do you remember Slayers(intro)?

LenfestAndrewP

LenfestAndrewP

Technician

Way back in the day long before I was old enough to even know what anime was I got my hands on Maccross 2 on VHS. My family noticed that I liked it and introduced me to another fan and that was the first anime fan I ever met. It was years latter before I actualy got into anime in general.

Signature Image

As far as I can remember... Flame of recca and there was some anime called Grandeur Masashi(something related to fishing) and oh yes Heidi the girl of the alps... and even Dragonball Z and I guess I'd watched one or two episodes of Ninku o_o
(Sadly, I don't remember the first animes that I've watched... I used to watch them occasionally, one or two episodes without really caring what their names were. If someone can help me... they were aired on AXN asia or maybe Cartoon Network 6 or 7 years ago.... One of them had Mecha. I remember the sad expression of the robots. The ending song, there was a girl in it i guess sitting on the robots shoulder.... )

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Captain Tsubaka ! hahah did i get it right? damn i always get the spelling wrong, my friends in the middle east said that it was called captain majiid in arabic haahha how siiick is that!

I still can't forget dragon-ball z and battleship yamato when i was around 4 or 5 years old? I'm 19 now btw.

Quote by miniwinner20Captain Tsubaka ! hahah did i get it right? damn i always get the spelling wrong, my friends in the middle east said that it was called captain majiid in arabic haahha how siiick is that!

I think you mean 'Captain Tsubasa'. In Portugal we call it 'CampeƵes: Oliver e Benji'. I can still remember the opening song...

Senseless101

Senseless101

Sense me

Sailor Moon :o I remember I was still like 6 years old or something when I first watched it :o

merged: 10-23-2011 ~ 10:18am
Sailor Moon :o I remember I was still like 6 years old or something when I first watched it :o
http://www.eggcave.com/egg/229520.png

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Tosho Daimos counts right? xD I was so addicted to this anime back when I was 5-7 years old. Who wouldn't ;D it was the time when probably children even dreamed of flying LOL >.<
Sailor Moon is also one of those animes that made me almost fail a few classes [talk about addiction] LOL.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

Sailor Moon was my very first anime then shortly after I started watching that I saw the galaxy express anime.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.