Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Downloads for non-members - Minitokyo

Downloads for non-members

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 97 total items

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

In relation to the latest thread, where we announced that the credit system was being replaced by achievements, Sheqel has also made downloads available for non-members.
This means that you no longer need to register to download submissions.

Evidently, we are aware that this may not please everybody, so an option has been implemented where members can decide if they want to share their submissions with non-members or not.
Note that they are free by default, so you need to enable the filter in order to make your submissions for members only.

To do this, please go to the Site Options and where it says "Who can download my submissions" check the "only members" box to make your submissions only available for members.
Though I believe the procedure is pretty self explanatory.

Edit: downloads for non-members are limited to 5.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but what's the full extent of what non-members can do here?

I'm pretty positive they won't be able to post in the forums, but does the downloading include scans, wallpapers, indy art, or is there a limt?

Signature Image

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Alright, just logged out to test this and I was able to download walls, scans and indy art. I don't quite think there's a limit in downloads though Sheq could corroborate this.
Lol yeah, they can't post in the forums.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

XiThau

XiThau

Grammar Freak

TL;DR (In case) - I agree with this change.

I suppose that's a good idea. Since it'll be up to the uploader whether or not non-members can or can't download theirs.
Don't really have much of another opinion on this.

I don't upload anything (I'm more of a lurker) but I like things to be fair to all, so I do agree with this change.
I'd rather not say more, since it's irrelevant, lol.

Signature
BiasedOtaku.blogspot.com (;

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

happy times! good to hear, i've had a few instances of ripping :D. i mean, it won't stop people from signing up to download the members only ones, but it's better than nothing :D

i also noticed the filter out jpop and kpop button too XD

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Thanks for making the announcement Fran <3

Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

It would be great if this was pinned, and put on everyone's notifs too. :3
Yay for the 'switch-off' button for non-member downloads! I was worried if scanners would still submit stuff if it could be downloaded that easily lol.
Thanks, MT staff. :)

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I think the new option is a great idea. I don`t mind free download for scans but for indy-art and wallpapers, non-members can just upload them anywhere and we won`t notice it.

xD at the J-Pop and K-Pop filter. :3

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

ala21ddin21

ala21ddin21

Aladdin

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Welcome to the rise of the Rippers era!

Signature

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I immediately enabled the 'members only' option... This idea... well... not so good.

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I've also had my stuff ripped so this is a good idea, yes. Also, maybe putting some kind of limit to downloads wouldn't be such a bad idea like for example not allowing them to download more than 15/20/x number of wallpapers/scans a day? Otherwise we'll have way too many leechers. :(

Signature

sladurska

sladurska

Feed you with a kiss

To the people saying you were ripped..
You do realize how easy it is for someone to register and download your stuff again, so I don't really see how this option actually will keep your uploads safe from ripping >w>;

Signature

so what happens when someone hotlinks a couple of scans into their own website?

Well...I think that it is good idea. I work for people))) And it's good that everyone can download...Thank you for this)

i hope that there will no people do some bad things by this freedom~

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

There shouldn't be any problems I would think^^ seeing that members gets to decide whether non-member can download their walls :D

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

I think it's good for everyone to download without being a member but I think it's so unfair... why did we have to become a member and not them? ... well, it's good to be easy-going, though... it's nice from you, but if everyone thinks it's unfair, they'll all turn on the "members only" option and there'll be nothing left for the non-member to download... hi2! anyway, good to be nice!

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

with this new rule i have one question

how much non member can download for one day ?

cuz non member must have limited download right ? O.o

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

chrisp

chrisp

~You gotta love me~

Well I don't like this, but I'm glad we have that option. I also would like to have the download limit for non members, cuz I think thats only fair.

Signature
chamber-of-kingskatekyo-hitman-rebornvectoryvector-wallerstag-liciousretro-studiomy-maiden

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Actually, there is a limit of 5 maximum downloads for non-members.

There has always been a very persistent belief amongst members that requiring people to register an account to download full wallpapers would somehow prevent ripping. On the contrary however, the ripper would simply have to register that account to be able to download anyway, which is not gonna stop many of them. This has always been the case from the very beginning of Minitokyo.

ergo: putting something on the internet in the hopes it won't be redistributed without your consent will always result in dissapointment.

I think is good to have the downloads available for non-members.
But members have to had some prerogatives (not only the ability to post on foruns). I'll suggest to create some download limit for non-members or bolck the downloads from the elit and highlighted gallery to them.

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Shaq your "ergo" says it all. But members may feel that this is "not fair". So I think the "Option" to make members work only available to member only is a good step.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Thank you for this info! =D

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

Quote by ilufaI think is good to have the downloads available for non-members.
But members have to had some prerogatives (not only the ability to post on foruns). I'll suggest to create some download limit for non-members or bolck the downloads from the elit and highlighted gallery to them.

Yup fair enough that non-members have a download limit. I actually think you have a good point with the elite and highlighted section here :) To me non-members should not have the same privilege as to what the members have.

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 97 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.