Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rurouni Kenshin Vector, first attempt - Minitokyo

Rurouni Kenshin Vector, first attempt

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hi! I'm learning how to vector, this is one of my first attempts.
It's still incomplete but I want to know if is there any major error you see I'm doing.

Vector: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4460/rurounikenshinv20c17005.png
Original: http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Rurouni_Kenshin/170/14

How is it going? What shoud I change?
All comments are appreciated!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

so far it's looking pretty good, although I don't understand why you have Kaoru so dark or is that Tomoe? I can't tell from the darkness of it. if you're going with a faded memory then it's looking good, but if you're going with the present, she's too dark :/ I like what you've done with kenshin though he looks good the way he is. hope that this helps you some and helps clear up my confusion as well. I can't wait to see what you'll add around it, or are you going to leave it by itself? if so then maybe adding color to the female would be nice, like coloring in the ribbon or something? hope not to sound rude and can't wait to see the changes and/or additions :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

You;re going fast! First walling, now vectoring. :) I think it's a great first attempt, looks crisp enough to me. Try angelxxuan's suggestions, add a lil interest to the picture. :3
Also, this is just hearsay, but I've heard that by vectoring images at twice their normal size then decreasing the vector to half size, you can get cleaner, less jaggy lines.. (200% --> 100%) :) Just a tip. You're doing great!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

So far, it's really good! For your first vector, it's really great; the vector is clean and well-done, and you obviously didn't use the "stroke-path-way", which is a good habit to keep for the future. If I'm not mistaken, you will probably add some white on Tomoe, like on the manga scan.

My only interrogation is : do you intend to submit your work as a wallpaper or as a Indy Art? In the first case, some color could be added, like angelxxuan said. You could replace the white by other colors; for example the white in Kenshin's hair could be orange, or reddish if you go for a sunset-themed picture like the scan.

Remember that those are only ideas; in the end, it is your work. I can't wait to see it submitted, though ;)

vectory french-tribu linguistics-team
Don't beg for it. Earn it. Then it shall be granted to you.

I think you've done great. Just make sure you finish the vector with Kaoru (that's the girl right?) so she doesn't look just black :)

Also, I think you should use this vector in a wallpaper too, then submit both the wallpaper and the vector (vector goes in the indy art section). I dunno, just think it'd be cool :) keep up the good work!

Ohh (a happy smile grow on ilufa's face)... Thanks for the good feedback!
The girl on the picture is Tomoe. I still didn't finish her, I was plannig to add the white highlights(?) as I did with Kenshin. But I never used shapes before so I didn't knew if I was making it properly. It take me so long to make kenshin that I wanted some feedback before starting Tomoe.
I still don't know what I will do with this vector after finish it. Now, I'm just practicing my vector skills.

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.