Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vector Art Tips and Best Practices - Minitokyo

Vector Art Tips and Best Practices

page 1 of 1 5 total items

maryshee

maryshee

Songtress

Hi! I am new to vector art and I'm using Adobe Illustrator. I'm reading/watching tutorials, but I am also wondering if you (as an artist) can share some of your firsthand techniques, advises or best practices on how to create acceptable, if not, exceptional vector art.

I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks a lot.

Love never fails. . .
Signature

For a beginner, I recommend using Photoshop first. Familiarize yourself in simple pen tool (which can be very complicated) then you can go experimenting in Illustrator... :) But since you have Illustrator already... which is a very powerful and proper vector artwork program, one thing I can only say to you is to be patient and to follow those tutorials. I myself is not someone great in vectoring but I learned that patience will really take care of the rest, and of course hard work.

When you grasped the basics, then nothing else will be very hard for you. I tried vectoring once and continuing now... it's fun. :D

Sorry if I haven't helped you much but I hope someone (hopefully, an Illustrator user) else will comment here.

Let's both do our best in vectoring! *CHEERS*

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I just began vectoring. My advise to you is try and find scans that you think you can finish easily. Something just to familiarize yourself with how vectoring works. Vectoring from my short experience takes a lot of patience and time. So take your time, doesn't matter if it takes you weeks to finish one vector that's understandable.

Also fine a little bit of inspiration. ex. little to your favorite song while vectoring, etc.

Here is a very easy tutorial that you can follow.
Vectoring Tutorial by Chloe-Chan

Good Luck on your vectoring adventures.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

maryshee

maryshee

Songtress

Hi! Thanks princessmeyrin023 and Aiira for your tips. Let's do our best. :)

Hope to hear more from MTers. ^_^

Love never fails. . .
Signature

I'm just a beginner at vectoring but these tutorials helped me a lot.
Link - http://tsukishoujo.deviantart.com/gallery/669663

Nysha's Ultimate Vectoring Guide is also really usefull
http://missnysha.deviantart.com/art/The-Ultimate-Vectoring-Guide-129303185

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.