Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Forget 2012, May 21, 2011 is Judgement Day! - Minitokyo

Forget 2012, May 21, 2011 is Judgement Day!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

Have you guys read about the rumors about this? Well, you can search it if you dunno, but shortly as possible: Based on interpreting the Bible a certain way, some are claiming the day for Jesus to return and the rapture and stuff. In any case, we needn't wait very long to see what happens! X D

What do you think?

Hey if it should be true, what would you wanna do with your last days on earth? ^-^

No one knows exactly when is the Judgment Day. I don't like to believe that tomorrow (for me, May 21) is the end since I still have lots of things to do but I can't exactly say that it isn't true since there is a possibility that it would happen.

Yeah, the signs written in the Bible all happened already... all that's left is the return of Jesus on Earth and that would be very near... but a man's life today is very short so we don't know exactly how many days or years or decades or centuries is near to us.

As what I can remember, the Judgment Day is like a snatcher, you won't know when it will happen but you have to be prepared always.

If it's really the end, I think... I would just have to let God decide and settle some bad things that I did.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

Yeah...

*repents and prays for mercy*

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

since the religion in question is full of loop holes and clearly states no mortal man shall know the ending of the world and it's not my religion that I follow then it's probably just another attempt at trying to get people to join in the faith sort of thing. what my friend is doing I'm seriously so tempted to do it. get some dry ice and some empty shoes, put the dry ice in the shoes and hide, wait and watch. yes I do have a sinister side from time to time.

p.s. what happens, happens. if I go then, then I have no regrets, if I don't, it's just one more day of routine bliss until another day comes about which is the ending to the world. we all got to go sometimes, why worry about things we can do nothing about, have fun and enjoy life to the fullest (within the rules/laws of our area of living of course :P)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

There have been a bunch of predictions of the end of the world already- none of them have proven to be true. Archaic text written hundreds of years ago is not going to suddenly predict something as grand as "Judgment Day," for a larger, modern world. Even if it does, I would still consider it a natural or scientific catastrophe, rather than a religious one.

Even if something is going to happen in the future to Earth, what can we really do about it? We're just another species like the dinosaurs, the possibility of us being wiped out isn't improbable, and if that happens- it's called Natural Selection. Something to accept, not fret over.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

Quote by SolenmSerpent
Even if something is going to happen in the future to Earth, what can we really do about it? We're just another species like the dinosaurs, the possibility of us being wiped out isn't improbable, and if that happens- it's called Natural Selection. Something to accept, not fret over.

I do agree with you. It's really something that we should accept just like death. Everyone eventually dies and there's no such thing, I believe, as immortality here in Earth.

But sometimes I really wonder, when is the end?

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Actually, there were rumors saying Rome would have been destroyed May 11th, 2011. But the wonderful city still resists, so...I can't wait for December 21st, 2012.

With all the end of the world predictions that come and go, unfulfilled... My reaction is to want to just go and listen to the "It's the end of the world as we know it." song. lol

MoonSpike

MoonSpike

Inside the Darkness

tomorrow the end of the world?
why it should be in a saturday?
tsc, why they dont destroy the world on a monday? At least I dont have to work in the end =)

Suicide is just an easy way of telling everyone that loves you, you hate them.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by angelxxuansince the religion in question is full of loop holes and clearly states no mortal man shall know the ending of the world and it's not my religion that I follow then it's probably just another attempt at trying to get people to join in the faith sort of thing. what my friend is doing I'm seriously so tempted to do it. get some dry ice and some empty shoes, put the dry ice in the shoes and hide, wait and watch. yes I do have a sinister side from time to time.

p.s. what happens, happens. if I go then, then I have no regrets, if I don't, it's just one more day of routine bliss until another day comes about which is the ending to the world. we all got to go sometimes, why worry about things we can do nothing about, have fun and enjoy life to the fullest (within the rules/laws of our area of living of course :P)

I second this. I'm not really religious and I've heard about this 'end of the world' thing numerous times by now and it only resulted in people committing suicide with the rest of their cult for nothing. Besides, it's never the 'end of the world' - the world will stay here for the most part; it's us who will perish.

And really, like angelxxuan said - all material things have their expiry date and so do we - some go sooner and some later but the fact is - it happens either way you look at it. So, whether I go with a bang tomorrow or in a few decades, doesn't really matter to me; I'll simply try to enjoy my life to the fullest and be happy. :)

Oh, and about the earthquake in Rome - there was an earthquake but it seems the guy who predicted it, mixed a few coordinates - it happened in Spain.

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Hey if it coming that soon...does anyone want to buy all my Anime Stuff. (I do not believe I will be needing it if the End of Days is upon us)

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

I already beat you to the punch. Doesn't stop it from being as stupid as the 2012 rumor. Besides it has provided me with the awesome opportunity of replacing a schmuck at his job, now I have to make sure he doesn't get his old job back.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

If you want an alternative view on religion and "the end of the world" I'd recommend watching Kino no Tabi episode 3.

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Quote by UsagixKitsuneIf you want an alternative view on religion and "the end of the world" I'd recommend watching Kino no Tabi episode 3.

One of my overall favorite episodes from any anime.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

I love Kino no Tabi. That's a good episode too. X D

Quote by SunfallEWith all the end of the world predictions that come and go, unfulfilled... My reaction is to want to just go and listen to the "It's the end of the world as we know it." song. lol

OT

Isn't that line part of Gamma Ray's "Armageddon"? *O*

/OT

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by Ardithyou can google it if you dunno

I stopped after reading this. ttytt

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Quote by AgataMareOT
Isn't that line part of Gamma Ray's "Armageddon"? *O*

/OT

No idea. I'm referring to the song by R.E.M

The other reason I can't take it seriously is it's really easy to just look up all the failed predictions that the world will end. I mean sure it will happen eventually I just think we lack the ability to accurately predict it down to the day. Heh.

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

I think it came early and they only took "Macho Man" Randy Savage, snap into that! That joke is what is going to cost me my Pearly Gates Membership Card.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Quote by DamanexI think it came early and they only took "Macho Man" Randy Savage, snap into that! That joke is what is going to cost me my Pearly Gates Membership Card.

//dies of laughter
///goes straight to hell

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Here is a thought. Today take some old clothes and shoes. Make sure the socks are inside the shoes and place the clothes on them in a way that looks as if they clothes just fell on top of the shoes as if the person inside them just disappeared.

What did these people miss in their bible that neither the angels or the Son knows the hour, only the Father/God knows.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Quote by angelxxuansince the religion in question is full of loop holes and clearly states no mortal man shall know the ending of the world and it's not my religion that I follow then it's probably just another attempt at trying to get people to join in the faith sort of thing. what my friend is doing I'm seriously so tempted to do it. get some dry ice and some empty shoes, put the dry ice in the shoes and hide, wait and watch. yes I do have a sinister side from time to time.

I third this (alenas claimed second already).

I follow my religion and I have been reading the bible for 5 years, I haven't come across a saying in the bible that says the world will end today.

No mortal should predict what will happen today or tomorrow. Only GOD knows when the time is right.

If it's the end, then I'll accept it. We can't really do anything about it.
I'll continue to live my life like a normal 19 year old.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Seeing as how it is past this date and we're all still alive I'm going to close this thread.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.