Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is This Acceptable ? - Minitokyo

Is This Acceptable ?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Chochibico

Chochibico

Far away ~

Hello Everyone !

I've made another wallpaper .. Just asking if it's acceptable or not ..

I'm also asking for advice .. Should I write anything on it or not or ?

And someone help me with tags ^^" .. I'm not very good at choosing tags -_-" ..

Here is the Wallpaper :

Here

An Alternative Version ( I don't like this one :P ) :

Here

( Sorry .. I couldn't make a thumbnail view v_v .. I couldn't find the " BBCode " or the " forum code " ^^" )

Signature
anime-fans-united vampire-knight

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

sometimes it's better to click on the link than fight with waiting for the page to load based upon browser, net sort of thing. to me it looks alright. the background is sort of bland though and on the alternative version and it's just so shiny :/ I rather like the first link provided. I would wait for others to post before submitting, it might meet the standards as is, but it would be pushing the borders of it. however the first link/piece I find that one nicer, it's not bright/shiny and it is quite nice. hope to hear what others think about them as well.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Thumbnail or no thumbnail is fine, I'm glad you didn't paste the whole image in ^o^.
I think that both versions look very nice, and could meet the standards. However, it would be good if you could provide a link to the scans, stock or png files that you used, or say whether you vectored or extracted this. So that we know how much effort went into this. :)

i personally like the alternative because it's cleaner. xD

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Linking is much better. I like getting surprised with walls.. XD

I like both versions. Though I prefer the second one. Maybe you can add a nice touch of typography if you feel it's a little empty on the left side. You should write something on the description when you're submitting this. So this proves you are the real creator of the wall. :)) Try your best to link back to the original scan. texture, brushes you used and you can also tell the story of how you came up with this wall... It would be a nice description.

I would suggest you though to change the signature. I'm not sure if you should make it smaller (because its having too much attention). But you must change Minitokyo.com to Minitokyo.net ... People might go to the wrong site if they wanted to browse more wallpapers... ^^"

For the tags, if you know the mangaka who drew the illustration or what series this is from, it could be a good primary tag. If you are unsure, Unidentified would be its primary tag. Then you can add Females, Kimono, and Fans as other tags as of the moment. Don't worry about tags. You don't have to necessarily take it seriously. If there are some missing tags, other members will put them for you.

^_^

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I would also go with the first version - it looks a lot warmer and somehow, more...full. The second one seems more empty to me. Also, you can of course upload both of them - you can upload the first one as the main and the other one as the alternate version.

If you want to add some kind of text to the left side, you're of course free to do that - maybe some kind of text or oriental symbols/kanji depicting 'beauty' or something like that. I'm also not sure what series/manga is the girl from so if you're not sure either, like josephine had already mentioned - put it under 'unidentified' - if other people will know more, the tags can be changed/altered easily.

And yes, about the text - it should be 'Minitokyo.NET' not '.com', lol. I'd also make it smaller and push it more to the bottom of the wallpaper. And don't forget to link/credit your resources/scans/vectors in the description! Good luck and keep it up!

Signature

Chochibico

Chochibico

Far away ~

angelxxuan :

Quote: to me it looks alright. the background is sort of bland though and on the alternative version and it's just so shiny :/

Thanks for your comment .. I'll try making it less shiny ^^ and will show it here ^^
________

aozoraskies :

Quote: I think that both versions look very nice, and could meet the standards. However, it would be good if you could provide a link to the scans, stock or png files that you used, or say whether you vectored or extracted this. So that we know how much effort went into this. :)

Thanks for comment .. Ok , the scan is from Minitokyo ^^ .. I was searching for kimono then this one appeared .. I extracted it then made the wallpaper ^^

Quote: i personally like the alternative because it's cleaner. xD

I'll try making the other one clean too :P

_______

josephine12cute :

Quote: I like both versions. Though I prefer the second one. Maybe you can add a nice touch of typography if you feel it's a little empty on the left side. You should write something on the description when you're submitting this. So this proves you are the real creator of the wall. :)) Try your best to link back to the original scan. texture, brushes you used and you can also tell the story of how you came up with this wall... It would be a nice description.

Thanks For Comment ( how many times did I write these words ? :3 ) But I'm not sure what to write .. I don't have any idea right now ^^"
and Ok , I'll write a lot on the description ^^

Quote: I would suggest you though to change the signature. I'm not sure if you should make it smaller (because its having too much attention). But you must change Minitokyo.com to Minitokyo.net ... People might go to the wrong site if they wanted to browse more wallpapers... ^^"

O_O .. It's the first time I notice that it's Minitokyo.net ^^" I've fixed this just now ^^
OK .. I'll make the signature smaller ^^

Quote: For the tags, if you know the mangaka who drew the illustration or what series this is from, it could be a good primary tag

Yeah .. I know the mangaka .. It was written on the scan ^^

_______

alenas :

Thanks for your comment

Quote: I would also go with the first version - it looks a lot warmer and somehow, more...full. The second one seems more empty to me. Also, you can of course upload both of them - you can upload the first one as the main and the other one as the alternate version.

That's what I was thinking of :) ..

Quote: If you want to add some kind of text to the left side, you're of course free to do that - maybe some kind of text or oriental symbols/kanji depicting 'beauty' or something like that

OK , But may you give me the kanji words meaning " beauty " ? ^^"

Quote: And yes, about the text - it should be 'Minitokyo.NET' not '.com', lol. I'd also make it smaller and push it more to the bottom of the wallpaper. And don't forget to link/credit your resources/scans/vectors in the description! Good luck and keep it up!

OK .. Sure
Thanks everybody .. and sorry if my english is bad ^^"

merged: 05-23-2011 ~ 10:32pm
OK :

I made some effects .. made the signature small .. and Here's what I've got :

Normal

Alternative

PS : Is this the right Kanji for beauty ( if somebody knows ) ?

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Yes, that's the correct kanji. (You could also use the term "Kirei" if you wanted to. )

Signature Image

Chochibico

Chochibico

Far away ~

Thanks for Help ^^

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.