Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do people often mistake your gender online? - Minitokyo

Do people often mistake your gender online?

How often does this happen?

All the time!
4 votes
Sometimes, not always.
16 votes
No, never.
5 votes
I lie about my gender online.
0 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 62 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

i can understand that getting hit on online is way too creepy

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

Getting hit on like that is creepy both online and offline ugh.

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

it is espetially if its a compleate stranger *cringes* its way to creepy

??????
Signature

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

For some reason I feel like screwing with the heads of people when they hit on me. Instead, I just dismiss them really fast. Perhaps that's worse.

Anyway, I used to be mistaken a lot as a male online and offline. I was sort of that tomboyish goth/rock kid with the super androgynous face. Wearing baggy clothes did not show my figure so... People had a question mark face when they met me. It made my mom cry a few times that her coworkers or friends I haven't met thought I was a guy. Here's the thing though. On the occasions I did dress like a girl, I'd get rude remarks and even fondled on the trains in NYC. Looking like a guy was a good thing for me. Now that I'm in the workplace, I dress more like a female, but I like to look at the driver's license of when I was 17 once in a while and smile.

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Didn't happened to me. And I mean How would it? my username has Girl all over it.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Quote by fireflywishesOf course, then again some members and I *ahem* disagree on some things, at which point they purposely refer to me using masculine terms as a way of insulting me. :\

Lol this.
Sounds so familiar~

I admit I thought Phoenix was a boy. Whoops.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

evelluchia

evelluchia

oh my -_-' i thought you were a guy redphoenix i feel like a compleate ideot hehe XD

??????
Signature

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

Quote by evelluchiaoh my -_-' i thought you were a guy redphoenix i feel like a compleate ideot hehe XD

DO YOU SEE?! XD Don't worry, I would think I'm a guy too... I'm such a man.

Terra517

Terra517

"Moonlight Empress"

I usually get noted as a girl. Never mistaken for a guy. ^^" But I think it's because I always choose an avatar that sticks out as a 'girl'.

evelluchia

evelluchia

i fell so foolish though i was taken for a guy today

heres the post

Quote by userEvell-san named it, so he'll earn the prize!
It's a Miko!

And, hum... what are "gonras"...? o.o

Is it ice-cream?

im a girl T-T

??????
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by xRedPhoenix

Quote by evelluchiaoh my -_-' i thought you were a guy redphoenix i feel like a compleate ideot hehe XD

DO YOU SEE?! XD Don't worry, I would think I'm a guy too... I'm such a man.

These are all lies. Phoenix is rather feminine.

:3

I've never really run into the issue of getting my gender mistaken, even with using female avatars.

It's happened several times, but not very often in my history of being around.

As for myself, I've always gone in with the impression that everyone is genderless until otherwise noted. It helps to avoid assumptions and misunderstandings, and I don't know if there's a robot on the other end or not, so I've got to be extra careful.

Quote by Yamibou-EveGetting hit on like that is creepy both online and offline ugh.

I actually met someone really special via the net before, so I sort of stopped looking at it like that. Unless things get really creepy in a big way. Like restraining order creepy.

Signature Image

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

haha nope! :) I think my username LUNARIHA sounds girly enough :P so people won't mistake me for a guy even if I sometimes use a guy pic for my avy. BUT I did mistake some people though hehe

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

galexia

galexia

Ashen like love...

Usually they think I am a guy... Propably 'cause of the way I talk or the opinions I express... Who knows, It doesn't even matter.
The fun is when it comes to real life! Physically, I could never be mistaken for a guy, but when people (I didn't know before) discuss with me (especially about politics,religion and personal beliefs) they always say that I think (and express myself) like a man. They don't even get something as simple as that each and everyone have their own thoughs, not dictated by their gender but their experience and personality.

...black like the snow

DarkGSSJBeast

DarkGSSJBeast

Εις Tο Επανιδείν

Hmmm np np my nickname don't sound like a Lady would use.. ^^

*.*.* It only hurts when you start pretending it doesn't *.*.*
Signature Image

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 62 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.