Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ecchi Filter Not Catching Thumbnails - Minitokyo

Ecchi Filter Not Catching Thumbnails

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I've noticed that for me the ecchi filter stops ecchi images from being downloadable, but recently has not been stopping them from popping up as thumbnails on the home page, which nearly defeats the purpose of having the filter turned on. I was under the impression making the filter catch images that have any ecchi tag, primary or not, might help fix this, but for me it's actually been worse since then.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't think it's ever stopped them from appearing on the front page, I know the filters stop them within the area, like on the scans page and so forth but it has never worked on the homepage/front page and I've played with the filters on and off from time to time just to see what people might mean or when someone needs help and so forth. and then when I went in to just edit that section to see what you might mean the site pretty much broke for me, I am unable to browse the site using the settings I had, like chat, post displaying in minimal and I had it in full...it just went chaos in there :/

edit: after about ten log ins and outs I got it back to my original settings, so won't be editing that page again, it use to edit and you didn't have to log out/in sort of thing :/

BuBbLeS!

Signature

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Hmm...for a long time I didn't see any ecchi images on the front page. It wasn't until more recently that I started encountering this. If that has always been the case that the images still show up on the front page, I don't understand why. As I said before, it seems like it would defeat the purpose of even having the filter turned on.

I noticed the same thing as you, Xuan, where the settings would get really finicky and try to change everything when I would only change one setting.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

yeah they are starting to appear more often on the front page

"Something beyond comprehension can inspire fear, or awe in people".

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I don't use the Ecchi filter because it interferes with tagging (I'll miss scans - and various interesting new tags. >_>) lol.. And what's with the sudden return of the popularity of Ecchi scans on the frontpage?
But yeah, the skin settings can drive me slightly crazy sometimes. lol I have to go through it about 10 times usually.. A trick to shorten the time is to purposely do it wrong; don't select 'default' or 'member' - the error box comes out, and usually everything is back to normal, and you just select the chat/post display stuff. ..It still takes time for the latter to return lol but it's faster anyway.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I tried turning on my 'ecchi' filter and it works on me. It blocks all ecchi stuff.
Could it just a bug then?

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Ah, I just tried it. It's catching 'em, no Ecchi thumbnails on frontpage. And only needed to mess with the Skin options 4 times lol. d^_^ ?

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Quote by aozoraskiesAh, I just tried it. It's catching 'em, no Ecchi thumbnails on frontpage. And only needed to mess with the Skin options 4 times lol. d^_^ ?

You mean we need to mess with the skin options before we achieve the no ecchi tumbnails xD

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

LoL yeah, and it only takes 2 tries to UNselect the Ecchi option. lol it's getting faster, the skin options stuff? :3 Haha

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

At least the options page should be fixed so far :p

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Thanks! I would still love to see something done about the thumbnail issue, but it's great that the options are working again. :D

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.