Looking for some advices for my last deleted wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Cancel

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/860/runtheworldw2.th.jpg

This is the wallpaper I posted... If I did it properly, you might see it, I'm so bad with links and stuff...
Anyhow, it was deleted for the reason added by the mod : The extraction needs more work. So I worked on it and erase the parts that shouldn't be here... But I need your point of view about it, did I missed something and/or what can I do to improve my extraction here ?
And, finally, if you have any ideas to improve that wallpaper, I would love to know them =)

- Thanks.

I'm ready to bingo

duhqueenmoki

duhqueenmoki

Twilight hater.

Cancel

Well overall I think it's a nice wally :) And lol I <3 Beyonce~

Anyways, to improve it I guess you could possibly make it bigger? Ppl always like big wallies~
As for the extraction, I'm not an expert on that but it looks good to me.
Umm... I don't know what else to say D: it looks fine.

Queen of the world.
Queen of the universe.
Queen of everything.
Signature Image

xNotUnderstood

xNotUnderstood

Delin the Deino

Cancel

i think its great!
though i might advise blending some of the red into the chick. like give her some more color in the cloths.
but hey, i dont know what im talking about :P

But anyways...its awesome :D

I choose to not be the monster I am meant to be. I choose to be different, and I will change my ways.

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Cancel

Next time, I suggest you upload your image in a site where everyone can see this in full view. Like Imageshack, for example... Photobucket tends to resize unless you're a premium or something... I had to look for this wall's link in theO instead just to see it in full size. LOLZ~

Sadly, I can't see the parts you fixed... Sorry if I have bad eyes... I have a speculation for "The extraction needs more work" thing. The extraction itself is not bad. But if you look to the edges closely (in full view), you will see some unwanted white lines. I'm not gonna say that you "poorly" extract because I have been observing your works in theO and I'm sure you're very experienced with things like these. Going back to topic, I'm guessing that the textures and effects you used for the textures made these unwanted lines. Maybe the extraction's (the actual image) quality did not handle the effects you did.

Kitten did once told me that NOT ALL extractions can handle specific effects or when you overdo them. Instead, they look even more low quality. (That's one reason why some wallers prefer vectors)

Also, I have another guess why your wall is deleted... Maybe its too grainy...

I've been into a lot of Sandbox posts and one recurring scenario is that some walls get deleted because of "grains". Now I know that's a grungy wall. But too much grains is not good. A member commented (forgot the name) that grains can make things low quality unintentionally. Which is what I actually agree with. You'll notice that some scans has grains and you have to "clean" them to hide those unwanted artifacts. I'm not sure if that's the reason. But I can say your wall IS too grainy compared to the ones I saw that got deleted.

I'm really not sure about the things that I've said so I don't know if my comment made sense at all... (why did I even comment?)
Just wait for more opinions and there will be more to come.. :)

Cancel

Quote by duhqueenmokiWell overall I think it's a nice wally :) And lol I <3 Beyonce~

Anyways, to improve it I guess you could possibly make it bigger? Ppl always like big wallies~
As for the extraction, I'm not an expert on that but it looks good to me.
Umm... I don't know what else to say D: it looks fine.

Thank you =)
Well, the original size is 1920x1200, I think I succeeded to link towards an image with the correct size here =)

Quote by xNotUnderstoodi think its great!
though i might advise blending some of the red into the chick. like give her some more color in the cloths.
but hey, i dont know what im talking about :P

But anyways...its awesome :D

There's already a part of the BG on her but I didn't wanted her to be too much "transparent". When I started that wallie, though, I colored her...
Thanks =)

Quote by josephine12cuteNext time, I suggest you upload your image in a site where everyone can see this in full view. Like Imageshack, for example... Photobucket tends to resize unless you're a premium or something... I had to look for this wall's link in theO instead just to see it in full size. LOLZ~

Sadly, I can't see the parts you fixed... Sorry if I have bad eyes... I have a speculation for "The extraction needs more work" thing. The extraction itself is not bad. But if you look to the edges closely (in full view), you will see some unwanted white lines. I'm not gonna say that you "poorly" extract because I have been observing your works in theO and I'm sure you're very experienced with things like these. Going back to topic, I'm guessing that the textures and effects you used for the textures made these unwanted lines. Maybe the extraction's (the actual image) quality did not handle the effects you did.

Kitten did once told me that NOT ALL extractions can handle specific effects or when you overdo them. Instead, they look even more low quality. (That's one reason why some wallers prefer vectors)

Also, I have another guess why your wall is deleted... Maybe its too grainy...

I've been into a lot of Sandbox posts and one recurring scenario is that some walls get deleted because of "grains". Now I know that's a grungy wall. But too much grains is not good. A member commented (forgot the name) that grains can make things low quality unintentionally. Which is what I actually agree with. You'll notice that some scans has grains and you have to "clean" them to hide those unwanted artifacts. I'm not sure if that's the reason. But I can say your wall IS too grainy compared to the ones I saw that got deleted.

I'm really not sure about the things that I've said so I don't know if my comment made sense at all... (why did I even comment?)
Just wait for more opinions and there will be more to come.. :)

Thanks for the tip about the site, I've done it and it seems to work. And I changed it also on theO. I planned to do it but I forgot sorry --'
And you're right, some white lines are actually from the BG. But I admit I didn't erased all the unwanted lines, now it's done =)

Yeah, I thought about that too... Though, I've noticed some of my wallpapers here on MT are part of those grungy wallpapers so I can keep hope lol And actually, it's the texture itself that I used (at least one of the three) that is really grainy. The texture I talk about is on that pack --> x
Maybe I can change its opacity to make the wall look less grainy ?
Don't worry, your comment helped me :) Thank you^^

I'm ready to bingo

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Cancel

Quote by FelcieThanks for the tip about the site, I've done it and it seems to work. And I changed it also on theO. I planned to do it but I forgot sorry --'
And you're right, some white lines are actually from the BG. But I admit I didn't erased all the unwanted lines, now it's done =)

Yeah, I thought about that too... Though, I've noticed some of my wallpapers here on MT are part of those grungy wallpapers so I can keep hope lol And actually, it's the texture itself that I used (at least one of the three) that is really grainy. The texture I talk about is on that pack --> x
Maybe I can change its opacity to make the wall look less grainy ?
Don't worry, your comment helped me :) Thank you^^

I guess your wall this time is too grainy compared to your previous ones. You recent works' grains are fine... This one's a different case. I've seen texture pack and the one that's really grainy. You can try changing its opacity to help lessen the grains. Or you can do some minor blur filter effects. Just prepare some alternative techniques if the wall had changes. Like for example, it has less grains but it decreased the redness, such stuff like that and etc...

Post your newest revision when its done. :D
And also wait for some more advices from other members..

Cancel

I instantly liked it when I saw it, yet I think Josephine's advice seems very helpful. I rly like this wallie. Do your best. :)

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

Cancel

So, here is the second version
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5223/runtheworldw22.th.jpg

I changed some textures' opacity and I blured one... It's still a bit grainy though xD But if I get rid of one texture, everything change (for example, it can lose all its red O_o).

I'm ready to bingo

Cancel

Looks better :)

Hm, imo the red layer that is over him that is on the left is kinda... distracting. I suggest you put the character above the red layer as it kind of cuts into the hair and the eye (and since the face is the main focus, the red layer becomes rather prominent). same goes for the white layer with red lines. Hopefully it helps.

Signature

Cancel

Quote by freezenLooks better :)

Hm, imo the red layer that is over him that is on the left is kinda... distracting. I suggest you put the character above the red layer as it kind of cuts into the hair and the eye (and since the face is the main focus, the red layer becomes rather prominent). same goes for the white layer with red lines. Hopefully it helps.

You are right /is ashamed
Thanks a lot for those advices, I will work on it as soon as I can and post the outcome here... as soon as it's done ^^
(I have to admit that I had almost forgot that wallpaper of mine LOL)

I'm ready to bingo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.