Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Katekyo Hitman Reborn: More Shonen or Shojo? - Minitokyo

Katekyo Hitman Reborn: More Shonen or Shojo?

Tagged under Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

page 1 of 1 11 total items

I can say that KHR is an interesting anime full of surprises.

Yet, I had noticed that it's more liked by girls than by boys due to the good-looking Vongola men, the mysterious Reborn's kawaii infant form, and adorable/cool Box Weapons. Lol.

Well, I'm not boy-crazy or a squealy fangirl of it. I'm a tomboy who likes its story and it's underlying cuteness it strives to hide with a transparent, tough exterior. Lol.

I think the series is more shojo, and the manga's more shonen. The series is different from the manga. The manga has more violence and has Gokudera smoking, but not in the series.

Would've been too cool and hardcore if KHR was more adult and not too cute, but it is cute in my opinion. Lol.

If you're a KHR fan, I would like to know your opinion about whether it's more shonen or shojo to you and why. I would like to know.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I've been wondering if I should watch that show actually, and being that I like watching both Shonen and Shoujo, would you recommend it to me? ^^

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Sure! You should watch it sometime. Great action, comedy, and characters. ^^

sakura-chan0103

sakura-chan0103

~Konichiwa~

both! shojo n shonen~~ XD

Lol. That's what I think. xD

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

More of both^^

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Actually, it depends on what Shounen or Shoujo you are referring to - is it the genre or target audience?

For genre, it is definitely a shounen type of anime and manga. Ofc we all know the elements of a typical shounen genre - action, blood, fighting. If there'e romance, then it's definitely just about 10% of the whole thing.

As for the target audience, it's somewhat along shounen and shoujo - like a 50-50. Shounen because they attract guys because of the action plot. Shoujo because of the bishies. Come to think of it, it attracts more girls than guys - for one thing, anime that target guys are those of the comedic, harem and ecchi whereas those that target girls are romance, action, bishies.

So that's my opinion.

Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I will always think that Katekyo's target audience is more towards females, especially in the later arcs.
In the beginning, it might have attracted both males and females equally, with its gag style and more girl fanservice (Tsuna being stripped to his boxers isn't much of a fanservice, sorry Tsuna but you're scrawny XD). The humour was more of a guys' sort then, I think.

But when things started getting more plot-orientated, with the Varia and after, mmm it kinda became more for girls. There's cool action and all the weapon upgrading (@_@ it never ends lol) which attracts guys, but it's like fanservice for girls all through out with the bishies XD. You really only start getting fanservice for guys again in the latest arc, via the Shimon ladies. XD

But if you like shounen with 'family' values and a good dose of painful comedy, then KHR is for any gender really.
I will always love the Metisket version more though. (Mafia, mature!Tsuna, mafia, dysfunctional family love) lol

Genre-wise, it's shounen lol. Fullstop. There aren't a lot of manga out there that are officially both shoujo and shounen really. But if you're curious, here's a list of the ones that are... H E R E lol, 1/2 prince yay.

I heard the anime is a pairing-shipper though.. lol. Idk.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

shizuneyuki8720

shizuneyuki8720

Gintama? Or Fairy tail?

for me.....if based on fan arts and scans......more on girls
in anime series, i think its equal. most of time, i observe that boys love it coz of the action scenes and great story also on the art of shounen while on girls, sometimes aside from the story, they based on art and designs of the character, if its cool and good looking they surely like it (esp. yaoi)

KATEKYOSHI HITMAN REBORN addict!!!!!
warning: handsome men are dangerous while beautiful girls are temptations!!!
i was devil before, but since you walked into me, i am now an angel.....
Signature Image

I'd say it's more going towards shojo, but with a more shonen plot to it. To tell the truth, I actually liked it a little more in the beginning . I liked the art style in the beginning too. Not that I dislike Ms. Amano's artwork now, but I liked how her art had a more shonen feel to it. It made me fall in love with the characters more. The games that came out for the series seems to kind of retain the shonen feel, as I see it. but it is what it is. I'm still gonna continue to read. but I do miss how it was at the beginning.

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

well, I think it's shonen when I refer to the story but shojo for the design 'cuz it attracts girls (the art is more like shojo manga designs somehow)... and I'm a crazy fangirl! ;)

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.