Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I need help to know if this wallpaper has something wrong. - Minitokyo

I need help to know if this wallpaper has something wrong.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I uploaded a wallpaper here yesterday, but it was deleted
and I don't remember the reasons, because the notification was deleted =S

Here the Wall:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9471/kurosakisan1920x1200wit.jpg

I need to know what is wrong with it T.T
sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm still studying english u.u

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I'm not very good with making wallpapers but for this isn't it obvious why the wallpaper is deleted.

1. It's over filtered.

Quote:
You may not submit any artwork which when viewed is clearly indicative of extremely low quality and effort. The following compositional and technical weaknesses may result in the deletion of your artwork if they are significantly present in the submission:

"brush-whore" or "filter-whore," depending on overall quality,
"ghosting," the use of a character image on low opacity in the background,

The background also needs a lot of work.
The extraction is a bit jagged.

For me it looks like you just took Ichigo and pasted him on a texture image and you used over filter.
Thus making the wallpaper "low effort".

----> P.S I can't give you a good advice since I don't make wallpapers, all I can do is point out the ones that I think you need to work on. Other than that, wait for other responses. :D

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Hmm, as Aiira has said, the over-filtering and jagginess is evident. Also, to add on, while it looks like you were going for something presentable (Kurosaki + firefly lights idk ), the stock image and character do not blend. The texture doesn't help.. And the font has been over-blurred here. The 'Bleach' logo also doesn't really seem to fit in.

Here's what you have to do:
1. Clean up the extraction.
Either use the pen-tool and re-extract it (I believe there are tutorials for that, will get back to you about that) or take your eraser and erase very carefully the jaggy white bits, and use the blur/smudge tool to make it smooth. 1st method is cleaner but the 2nd is generally easier.

2. Don't use this stock image.. I think I can see Paramecium protozoa or something in there which is weird. XD Try reconstructing it yourself, or find a different stock image. I think it would be easy to reconstruct... Just use the gradient 'color to transparent', make a few maybe 100x100px sections, then select and replicate, and erase selectively to blend. Edit, with duplicating layers and play with layer modes and brightness/contrast. Voila. That's what I would do lol.

3. Blend Ichigo in. The image has a slight gray tinge. I recommend setting two layers, one overlay and one burn, and brushing/smudging on colours and shading via these two.
'Overlay' is for adding colour, probably an orange tinge would work. 'Burn' is for shadows, because with all those light sources, there's got to be shadow.. Think about it.

4. Consider a different typesetting. lol Presentation matters.

5. Where do desktop icons go? ;)

Hope I helped... Wrote too much. GAH. This basically tells you how I make layouts too XDDD.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Since aozoraskies already posted :D

Here are some links that you can follow for the extraction..

Extraction Tutorial by Chloe-chan

This group is inactive but they have links where they can help you
Photoshop Lovers

Hope those links will help :D

Good Luck with the wallpaper.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

I think both the comments above will really help you :) And yeah, keep in mind that people have desktop items on the computer on the left side so generally in wallpapers put the main image either in the middle or to the left.

The true art of a wallpaper is find or creating two seperate images (character/focus and a BG) and combining them to appear as one. If it's too obvious that they're seperate then it doesn't look very good. In this case, Ichigo looks a little randomly placed in front of even more random starlight orange BG. This wally has a lot of potential and if you keep at it I'm sure you can think of a BG that'll look right! :D

Quality over quantity. Don't use a lot of different effects and filters. Instead, use a few that do the most for the wally. The quality of the filter work is more important than the quantity of them.

Keep working! :D I know you'll be able to make a good one, even if it means waiting for the right inspiration or whatever works for you! Have fun with it! ^-^

thanks for everything, guys
for their advice and links to tutorials ^ ^
I will do my best to improve this wall
meanwhile, look if that was good:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2109/aizenwallpaperwithsigna.jpg

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.