Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you think about to be a mangaka? - Minitokyo

what do you think about to be a mangaka?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

lilylily09

lilylily09

LILYLILY09

a lot of people is want to be a mangaka even some children in my country and me so i have searched some forum on internet. Forum that i saw said to be a mangaka in japan is hard but in USA is easier than japan. Does it really? And my dream wanted to be a mangaka and especially in japan. So i sould try or to be a mangaka on internet. It might be a large dream hehe:)

I'm watching Bakuman right now. It's about two guys who want to became mangakas and trust me It's really hard than it seems...

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

I don't mean this post to depressing or kill your inspiration, but you will have to learn it at soem point. It's really, really, really, really hard for people outside of Japan to become "mangaka." A mangaka has different definitions to different people. Manga itself in Japan pretty much just means comics, outside of Japan it is often only associated with only Japanese-style comics.

What I suggest doing is just to focus on creating your own comics. If you like the manga style then by all means definitely use it as your primary style or inspiration in your art =). However, you are limiting yourself in terms of opportunity if you focus on just being a "mangaka" with the meaning of just drawing for a Japanese publisher.
Unfortunately, many places, game design specifically, in areas like the U.S. don't typically have too high respect for anime/manga style art when they are looking for people to contract for a job (I can't tell you how often I hear game design teachers tell us students this over and over again, more as a helpful warning than anything else, but it still makes me kind of sad to hear it sometimes)

Many people who do comics in the U.S. and other countries also do other kinds of work as well (Plan on doing this as well). They will often do other work like concept art, commissions, animation, or some other kind of artistic oriented work on the side of what they love to do. It is a highly competitive industry.

This just means that you need to be ready to dish it out and work very hard if you plan to do this for a living.

Also, learn everything you can. Listen to every criticism, every praise, and try to improve as best you can. People who look at someone giving them constructive criticism on how they can improve or what they found looked wrong and then just brush it aside because they think their art is doesn't have any of those flaws won't make it in the industry. If someone tells you your anatomy needs work, you should probably look into it. Even anime uses basic realistic anatomy, just simplified. There is only so much you can claim is just part of "your style."

Find a good art site where people give good crits and is fairly active, post a lot of your art and learn from your experiences.

Work hard and always try to improve and experiment and you might make it. Like they say in Bakuman, manga is a gamble. Some luck required =)

lol sry, didn't mean to write a book =/
Keep inspired and chase your dream is the golden rule of life =)

A moment bound in eternity.

Rapshield31

Rapshield31

diverted

Hehee! Good question. I've always dreamt being Mangaka. Yet, I'm designing one with my friend doing the Name (history and sketches). But oh.. there are so few probabilities; you should consider that Work as a second work.

It depends on what you want to do, i have a neighbor who is a cpa professional but instead quit his day job and got into drawing comics for D.C. comics in the Philippines although he recently stopped his art career to pursue marriage after a decade of drawing and i can personally say that he is happy :) he's around 45 i think but my point is don't let age be a factor.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Please try to avoid reviving topics that are over 4 weeks old, unless something truly significant can be added to the conversation.

However, we don't discourage making a new topic xD

Closed.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.