Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of G.O.L. Negative Version (AGAIN) - Minitokyo

Deletion of G.O.L. Negative Version (AGAIN)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Quote by hidekeitaro,

The wallpaper you have submitted (G.O.L. Negative Version) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
low effort

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

Well, in last year the same wallpaper was deleted and I requested for reconsider this deletion here because this wallpaper is very old and it has some great historical signification, like my personal evolution, just be a initial wallpaper, etc. So, the wallpaper returned to gallery. Now it was deleted again...

So, I request review about deletion of this wallpaper. The date, the favs, comments and the historical contribution for my personal evolution need considerated before a deletion.

Thanks for attention and hope that my arguments can be consider.

Signature

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

I deleted it because the background seemed low effort to me, I mean it's so.. blank, and the image is blurry in places. Why should historical significance and personal evolution be a good reason to restore a wallpaper that doesn't meet gallery requirement?

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Simple answer: When the wallpaper was "approved" in the gallery, it was considered good. Now, the wallpaper isn't good enough. So, I think you will delete all the - or major - old wallpapers using this logic... Of course this is nothing but nonsense comparing skill knowledge and program evolution since 2004-2005.

Signature

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

http://www.mejoratupc.com/images/3/269.jpg

So.. you made the background lighter. If someone submitted a wall like this today, it would be deleted without question. Then, if we leave walls as old as yours in the gallery that do not meet today's requirements they can easily use this as an excuse to say "Hey, why was my wall deleted, and this one is still here?" So, away it goes. I don't even know how that one got through inspection in the first place anyway.

I am sorry, but standards having naturally risen as the user base has increased.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Ok. So I will hope the wallpaper gallery lose some 10/20% (or more) with this logic.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Signature

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Problem? o_o

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

As technology evolves, so does graphics.

I couldn't care any less for low effort wallpapers. A small loss of a bigger gallery but a higher overal quality of the site. If things like that get accepted, any nub is capable of using paint with copy/paste and submit something.

All I can say is; practice, practice and practice and all the hard work will pay off like any other great artist. It's not something done in an hour or two to be a professional. Get used to it and know the limits.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by hidekeitaroOk. So I will hope the wallpaper gallery lose some 10/20% (or more) with this logic.

Thanks and have a nice day.

I've been a moderator for close to a year and I can personally attest that we've gotten numerous reports, and also have deleted quite a few older wallpapers for that very same purpose. However, we do miss some at times, and that is why we encourage members to report any that they see.

While we do completely respect and understand historical importance, the standards of wallpapers has increased tenfold since my inception here at Minitokyo. Rest assure that you are not being solely targeted during this process. While it may not be an active piece anymore, it doesn't change the importance it has to you and those who fav'ed it. It really falls under what Bernouli mentioned. It's hard for us to defend our new wallpaper standards when members can easily reference older wallpapers. We had a situation a year or so ago that had such an issue and that is why all wallpapers, old and new, are judged under the same set of rules.

Have a great day!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.