Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Delay in image deletion? - Minitokyo

Delay in image deletion?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Yesterday my uploaded 2 scans were deleted by system moderators directly for unacceptable image quality. However, the image was already add to fav by numerous users and got some kind remarks. It makes me sad really, can't it just give me some warning to let me improve image quality first? And as I said in another post, the original scan I found was of 800X600 resolution, but with really high image quality (JPEG over 350KB). I think people will definitely like it even if it is uploaded that way, but the system just disallows that. I did an enlarge and sharpening, then got deleted for blurry image ><

- totally frustrated newbie

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I'll speak for myself on this one, even though I know it wasn't me that deleted your images. >_>

Many people add favorites if it's ecchi or it looks good in the thumbnail. Heck, I've done it before. Then I've also made the horrible mistake of looking through my favorites to find that image to wall and it was completely unusable.

The basic rule of thumb is: If it cannot be made in to a wallpaper for whatever reason, it will most likely get deleted by one of us.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Sigh, I sharpened and modified the last one, submitted again, and got deleted again with same message. Though I cannot see what quality of other scans due to rank, I can somehow imagine how nice qualities they all possess. ><

Sorry just an advice, can the Mods please change the name of '[Bot]Chii', or change some tone in its messages? Just don't think its message fit its name. Thx.

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Nuriko say the true but I have a lot of friends with the some problem and ths is recently MT is getting out of control. Some kind of a game room for someone.I can acept if someone delete all my scans. It´s a pity, because cost me a lot of time and money wasted. But other thing is delete wallpapers without any reazon. I asked reazon to the person to delete my wallpaper that I know who was and I didn´t recived anyone.
Wallpaper demands a lot of time to develope and of course is an unique expresion of a member feeling.
For that reazon I believe this behavior is disrespect to members work.
I can accept some walls are " artistically " better than others, I´m included in that I´m in constant learning, but in art expresion noone has the right to judge to anyone. Sorry for my really bad english.

Let´s make MT a better place evryday that is my realy feelings.
Best regards.

Alpha.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

As far as your original thing goes, if it got deleted for quality, don't resubmit. You shouldn't resize scans for submission in the first place. If you have to tweak it excessively to make it even remotely postable, that should tip you off that it doesn't belong on Minitokyo.

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

What ?. We are tallking about the same thing I think.
I have no problems with scans I didn´t made those scans. Problem is to delete wallpapers.
What I don´t re-size my wallpapers that is ridicoulous.
I´m agree in everything pal. But just see my wallpapers, can be ugly for you, yes I can accept that from you, is your authentic opinion and I will be the first to say thanks for your comments bad or good.
But I ´didn´t post any bad quality wallpaper, just the opossite, I use only hi-res scans to do that walls.
I didn´t resubmit anything in the first place, and second I agreed with you about re-size, but beware, if you use the same criteria for every submition you have to delete a huge amount of scans indeed...
If the problem is the quality in my scan section I must to tell you some of my scans came from the originals PSD of art Work Designer almost all of them about 100-300MB each.
But to be honest I do my best to provide MT the best resolution in scans as posible I can, If you can see I didn´t submit any crepy or bad quality scan...

see ya!.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Alpha,
The original topic of the thread has to do with scans, not wallpapers. I think that is what biriwilg is responding to.
As for wallpapers, the only ones I personally delete are walls that are simply scans cropped to fit a screen. Anyone with MS Paint or Image Edit can do those. I try to avoid deleting anything else.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Ya, I agree with biriwilg's point, resizing and sharpening doesn't produce any better scans than original. But in other words, the entire category of Tail Tales scans should be eliminated from MT, as that is a 800x600 game. You can't get any better scans from all those originally 800x600 CG images. And I really like to question why MT have to restrict on scan size. 800x600 resource image with main character occupying 80%+ of the canvas seems useful enough for me.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.