Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Plants vs Zombies Wall, advice need - Minitokyo

Plants vs Zombies Wall, advice need

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Hi!
I'm working on a new wall. This time is based on an really addictive game: Plants vs Zombies.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2947/sunflowerwallcopy2.th.jpghttp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2947/sunflowerwallcopy2.jpg
I vectored the sunflower from this scan.

What do you think?
Any suggestions for the bg? I wanted to keep it simple, but its kind of empty right now...
All feedback is welcome ^_^

Thank you in advance!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Ahh, I newly(two or one week ago) finished that game... But I hadn't even thought that somebody would do it's wallpaper!
If you want my advice, I think you should make sunflower smaller and at the middle of the wallpaper. You are able to make a realistic sky and grass with few brushes and vectoring. You add some nature brushes(to corners) and another flowers that would be smaller than your sunflower.
That's all I can help. :)

Epic fail :DSignature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

i agree with aurorawitch on this one what she said would give it more substance and not make your sunflower so lonely

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

I agree with them.
Give it some friends ~
Or maybe with a zombie in the background, looking bad at the sunflower :)

While there's life, there's hope

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

A zombie.. about to eat the flower.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

Quote by darthasA zombie.. about to eat the flower.

thats a neet idea too ^-^

??????
Signature

Yeah, it's great ^^'
I was thinking about that but couldn't formulate it ^^'

While there's life, there's hope

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

Quote by darthasA zombie.. about to eat the flower.

While that would be interesting I don't think it's really good advice on how to make her current wall better. You're talking about turning her wall into something completely different and that's not the point of this.

My advice is to tone down the sand-like patterns, they just look like noise, and try to follow the original scans shadows, gradients and contrast since they give a nice dimension and detail to the sunflower character. Also maybe fit the whole sunflower into the image the current one is too huge when stretched over the entire screen.

About the bg, simplistic bg are very nice and would go well with this wall bc the focus is all on the sunflower (that's why I suggested adding the shadows on the sunflower) but your current one is just a gradient, so I suggest Google image searching for nice simplistic cartoon-ish bgs like the games has.

If you're going for simplistic bg with gradients just use lighter and darker shades.

Examples: I picked this image image randomly, I'm not saying you should do the entire grass like that but a few patches of grass like that would be nice, see how some parts are lighter and some are darker color. And you can use that image as a reference for the sky, it's doesn't have to be anything special just add more gradients to the sky, another for the light and maybe some clouds.
Another suggestion for the grass is you can make it look like the in-game grass, like this, with checkered patterns if that's easier for you :3

Long advice is long :P

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

You mean, I'm giving a suggestion should there ever come a time she feels that the giant space that's on excess from shrinking the flower would otherwise be able to be filled with something should she feel it needs.
I was asked 'What do you think' and I simply typed it out. That's a -point- enough for me.
/offtopicend

Cartoon BG.. maybe some clouds.. a Sun.. Grass (?).. would be a good idea, but just a word of warning not to make it too messy since it's easy to mess simple things like that up. Should digest all this information first then update the link when you're done. No use for me to flood you with information after Eve threw her bridge at me.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

@darthas
Well you could have elaborated your point. I said it was an interesting idea but it completely overshadowed her original idea and concept.

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

Please don't get mad because of this...
As I said before, I treasure all the feedback you gave me. I'm glad you had spent time watching to my wall and thinking how it could be improved.
Seriously, thank you very much for that.

I haven't decided yet what to do with this wall..
A zombie can be a good idea. A simplistic cartoon-ish bg can be great too.
I'll try them and let's see what happen..
Thanks again!

love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

evelluchia

evelluchia

ill look forword to seeing your results ^-^ best of luck and have fun ^-^

??????
Signature

lol, in my opinion any comment on others' comments in the sandbox is totally unneeded unless it's an "I agree with..." so chill you two XD

As for the wally, I think it's a good start :D But like many have said, the BG is missing something. Maybe you could extend the wall to being larger that way you can include more. If you include too much in the resolution size as it is it MIGHT look too crowded, but of course the depands on what you add :D

Good luck and whatever you decide just have fun with it! :D It'll look great.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Eve and I yank chains, don't be disturbed by it.
On another note, it seems most of the comments center about the BG since the original picture wasn't updated yet. Either way, waiting on your surprise ilufa.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

New attempt:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1494/sunflowerwall2copy2.th.jpg http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1494/sunflowerwall2copy2.jpg
I opted for the cartoon-ish bg because.. well.. the zombie was to difficult to vector :P
It already starts to look like a wallpaper, but I'm still not happy with it.. Any suggestions?
Thanks again!

i think the gradient on the grassland looks a bit werid when everything else is vectored. perhaps you can have to add some hills/bumps/grass patch in the bg so that you can tell how far this image stretches (does it make sense?)

Signature

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Sunflower still looks so lonely. I think you should add some more plants behind it. You can make it look like a sunflower garden or farm maybe. And-just my opinion-flower is too big. If you make it smaller, it would look better. That's my opinion anyways :)

Epic fail :DSignature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by aurorawitchSunflower still looks so lonely. I think you should add some more plants behind it. You can make it look like a sunflower garden or farm maybe. And-just my opinion-flower is too big. If you make it smaller, it would look better. That's my opinion anyways :)

. . .and a shadow of a zombie far off in the distance.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.