Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Advice needed for my K-On! wallpaper - Minitokyo

Advice needed for my K-On! wallpaper

Tagged under K-On!

page 1 of 1 19 total items

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

I had submitted a wallpaper to minitokyo recently but it got deleted a day later. In the message, it was saying that my wallpaper got deleted becuz of low effort, too simplism etc.

My wallie is here

Please help me to improve my wallpaper!

Epic fail :DSignature Image

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Your thread title confuses me; do you mean to ask moderators to explain in further detail why your wallpaper was deleted, or do you wish for assistance with improving your wallpaper?

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Quote by SolenmSerpentYour thread title confuses me; do you mean to ask moderators to explain in further detail why your wallpaper was deleted, or do you wish for assistance with improving your wallpaper?

I'm asking assistance, not complaining. My wallapers got deleted for many times before. I just want to improve my wallie and resubmit it.

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

Lol, alright- perhaps you should change the title to something more clear (like, "Advice needed for my K-On! wallpaper", or something similar), it might confuse other people otherwise. );

As for your wallpaper, would you mind linking the resources you used, so that I can see the edits you made? It'll make offering some suggestions easier for others.

But what I can say from what I can see is that this... is quite a busy wallpapers- there's a lot going on, and at first glance, it's overwhelming. Though I find it interesting how you contrast the subject matter of your walls with the style, I think toning down some of the complexity of the background (and the red, burned effect) would help make the focal point of your wallpaper, more the four characters (instead of being distracted by the background).

Another thing I'd suggest is better meshing the background with the main scan- that might be where the 'low effort' comment came from; there's no relationship between the render and the background, it appears too pasted on/separate.

And lastly- you have a TheOtaku account? I knew your username was familiar! I've been on TheO since 2006. //off topic

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

OK, I tried to change my wallie. Is it better?

My wallie is here...

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Changing the colors of the background didn't really help much - your wallpaper still looks way too chaotic to the point that the characters barely stand out amidst the busy, messy background; while the background is an important element of any wallpaper, the emphasis should still be on the characters and right now, I can barely even see them in all those colors and brushes/patterns/textures. Removing some of the elements from the background and keeping things more simple would look a lot better. Also, it seems to me you kind of...squished or resized the characters compared to the original wallpaper, they look odd like this...

Keep it up!

Signature

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

I removed a texture includes scripts, colors etc. Added squares and some other music notes instead. Is it correct?

Click here

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

no wonder your username is familiar... you're from theO! :D

Even after the 3 revisions, the BG is still very busy... it seems that a lot of things are going on there. The BG make me so dizzy and its colors clash with the characters and make it hard for e to seriously focus on them... try using lighter colors and try to make a less busy BG

Uhm... I think that your BG is still too... chaotic, indeed. There's too much things and it's confusing. To make it look cleaner, try maybe to remove some few things and also use a color closer to the ones on the original picture, either blue or yellow.
Also, you shall work on the typography a bit more, we don't really see it and, so, it's sort of useless since it's lost in your BG... Hope it helps.

I'm ready to bingo

3rd one I think is the best :D But there's still some lack of composition between the BG and central characters. Try finding a way to blend them with the BG more, make them a PART of the BG and not just sorta pasted on :D The BG is very creative and I like that, it kinda makes it feel chaotic like the music that may be being played.

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

i like all three but maybe the BG would be more fitting with some sort of blending or some kind of lighting effect to make them fit more with the BG

i hope to see your wall sometime soon ^-^ i know its going to be cool

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

I know that it's chaotic still. But really stucked.

Last version of my walle.

Squares and notes are not necessary I think and if I remove them it would be better?

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Oh, the last version looks much, much better than the previous ones!

You said you'd like to remove notes but I think they fit the wall quite nicely and add a more musical feeling to the wall. Squares could go, yes, and I'd also remove those diagonal lines you have over the whole wall and those two arrows on the right, as well. The text kind of clashes with everything and I think isn't really necessary since the background itself is already filled and busy enough. The colors better match the girls this time, so you're on a good way to finish this! Keep it up! :)

Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

The last version is a vast improvement + the background looks much better and better tied in with the characters. One thing I'd remove are the rectangles/squares that appear in the upper right section of the wallpaper- those squares don't appear anywhere else, and therefore seem too random.

I agree with alenas and SolenmSerpent, that version is really better, great job !

I would too remove the squares, I think it's a bit too much. I have nothing against the lines, it's sort of dynamic and it fits them and K-On :)
One last think, I have the feeling that the text is too white, it doesn't blend well... But it's just a feeling.

I'm ready to bingo

evelluchia

evelluchia

i really like the new version too the sqares are a little much but maybe not and maybe try blending the text in with the color theme a bit morr it will make it a bit nicer but these are only possible options ^-^

??????
Signature

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Ok, removed the squares, changed the main color a bit, and that's the result. Hope this one is fine.

My walle is here

evelluchia

evelluchia

i like it ^-^ it came out very well ^-^

??????
Signature

Archer89

Archer89

Just Another Faker

Seems okay . Only thing I would stress on is that the render isn't blended that well with the BG . Instead of just doing a simple drop shadow, perhaps try erasing the edges of the render at certain parts at say 25-45% opacity and give it a fade-in feel .

The girls seem a little bright to me but don't listen to me xD I like dark things . .

Life - it's a one-shot affair

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.