Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Background suggestions? - Minitokyo

Background suggestions?

Tagged under Haigakura

page 1 of 1 6 total items

ForgottenFilly

ForgottenFilly

simply being loved <3

Hello hello! c: I'm working on my newest wallpaper, using this scan. It's all going well, but the background...I'm not very good with drawing water myself, so I'm in need on some nice brushes. If you know of some, please do share them. <3 Also, I'm trying to do sketchy lines on the vector, because I think it suits the atmosphere better. I tried solid lines with the lineart tool, but didn't like them very much. Do the lines look alright? Here is what I have so far:

Full view with prospective background colors
Full view without background colors
100% zoom 1
100% zoom 2

The lines look pretty well done from what I can see :D
As for some brushes, I always find mine at either deviantart or brusheezy, so maybe you can find some on there :D

As for the concept of the wally etc., I think it's a great start and look forward to seeing what you'll do with it :DThe background you could have either a beach scene, park scene, snow scene, city scene, basically anything I think (haha) so whatever you pick I'm sure it'll work well :D

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

I like the full view with prospective BG colors.

hmm... I think you can do a misty BG with some sparkling or light balls or snow falling (it looked winter-ish to me) if you don't want a water scene. you can also do a field of flowers....

Signature Image

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

lurking and stalking :D

as for me i like the one without the BG colors. haha!
i always loved the watercolor touch. maybe you can splatter some colors and some sparkles maybe? x3
or juts like what srsn said, a field with flowers and some sunlight ;3

skulldolphin

skulldolphin

Run to the hills!!! >.<

I was about to suggest a sand and ocean BG when I saw the original scan:)) the simple, blue BG looks good, so you could stick to that. it would be simple and tasteful, considering the chars do stand out and further details will only make everything look to loaded (that's my opinion). the clothes don't seem fit for a winter scene (would have loved that though:)) ) and since there's a child and a playful atmosphere, maybe a park or a green field would work. since you are re-doing the scan, can i suggest a face makeover for the dude on the right? it just doesn't seem natural to see the other two with actual features and that guy with a doddle-like face.
hope I helped:D

Signature ImageI was just wondering how you comb your hair so the horns don’t show

i think a standard brush is decent for drawing water and ripples
/smacked.

okay okay. erm, i think a park with white petals/flowers floating down like snow? the scene suits a snowing background but i agree with skulldolphin that the other guys' clothing doesn't suit.

or perhaps a cloudy day? light blue and white streaks and some clouds with doves in the background

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.