Background in serious need of help.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Cancel

This is my current wip. Original scan here; I obviously took a lot of liberty in altering it. And the background... it's kicking my butt, and has been for months. The vector was fine, but the background is making my life a lot more stressful than it needs to be. I scrapped all of it yesterday; in a fit of hair-ripping frustration I deleted almost every non-vectored layer. I've still got to vector the music sheets and do some touch-ups on primary vector, but I really need some help. I'm in Super Ultra Block Mode. The background is killing me. My problem always seems to be with backgrounds; I just never have the right inspiration of skill for them. So, welcome me in, Sandbox!

I really want to keep the background in blacks, whites and grays. I started with the background as a cityscape that was actually a wall (if that makes sense) and using a checkered floor, but it just wasn't really working. Maybe something sleek, white, glowy? I don't know, just something to compliment the scan in all it's bossness. So, ideas, pointers? Anything is much obliged and will result in a virtual bow of servitude and greatfulness.

- K.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Cancel

She somehow reminds me of Lady Gaga, lol. XD

Since the preview is a bit small, I can't really say anything about the vector but from what I can see, it looks good. And, hmm, well, since you have music sheets flying around her, you could add some notes in the background, kind of going from one side of the middle of the wall to the other in a curvy line...if you know what I mean, lol. I also think the background is too dark, I'd make it more light gray so she could stand out a bit more. You can also use a touch of extra yellow like in her hair to boost up the wall, maybe some catchy patterns or textures here and there? That's all I've got for now. Good luck! XD

Signature

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Cancel

I am really not wanting a music theme, despite the sheets, but I'll give it a go. It just doesn't give me a music vibe, you know? I lightened the background though, and thanks for the advice; I'll try it out!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Cancel

Quote by xxKurumiI am really not wanting a music theme, despite the sheets, but I'll give it a go. It just doesn't give me a music vibe, you know? I lightened the background though, and thanks for the advice; I'll try it out!

Oh, no worries, it was just a suggestion, you're free, of course, to make what ever you want and expand your imagination and creativity in all directions! Good luck! :)

Signature

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Cancel

Actually, I tried out the music theme, and I've got some inspiration for it. I have to finish vectoring it, but I'll add the upload it in a larger resolution so you can tell me what you think. Thanks for the help, alenas~

duhqueenmoki

duhqueenmoki

Twilight hater.

Cancel

This wally is very good! :D

For the BG I think just a simple grey swirl would do, maybe going from one end to the other like a wave. Also you could put a circle under the character like a shadow (just a grey circle or something). The wally itself is pretty good in being simple :D I like it as it is but yeah, maybe just add some simple swirls.

If being simple won't cut it for you then you could try creating/finding a picture of a dark room with a piano in the corner :D Then add some lighting effects and it'd probably be cool as well.

Looking forward for the new upload :D

Queen of the world.
Queen of the universe.
Queen of everything.
Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

Cancel

its a neet wallpaper though i think maybe the swerl like duhqueenmoki said or maybe more then one swerl or maybe something a bit different i do hope to see your resolts soon ^-^

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.