Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this wallpaper good? - Minitokyo

Is this wallpaper good?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

I tried my best, I hope it's good.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/oo2.png

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

The image is badly skewed and the extraction is pretty jagged. Her hand on the right looks particularly odd. (I'm not a waller, so I'm not sure what to suggest to help you improve. ^_^;;)

Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

it is good for a first wallpaper ^-^ though there is some dark spots left when you cut out the image of the girl

what ive cercled is what i ment by the dark spots the edges of the cut out are jagged

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/evelluchia/oo2example.png

i hope this helps you out the little blank band at the bottom you could use it to put in your signiture (thats reccamended for any wallpapers uploaded to minitokyo its to protect it from others stealing it and claming it as theirs

like firefly said maybe use your program (photoshop, gimp, etc.) and resize it with wise so is to fix the streched issue

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

To be honest, the girl seems to be poorly extracted, without much precision. The girl also needs to be repositioned, since right now her image cuts off before the bottom of the wall. The background also seems like it might need more than just a gradient for a background, so that your wall doesn't get deleted for being low-effort. If you want to go with a simple background, I would recommend checking out the following group: http://simple-ism.minitokyo.net/ for tips and suggestions. I'm not a waller, so my knowledge is limited, but I hope that helps, and good luck! :)

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

evelluchia

evelluchia

theres is many more im sure will come by and give their opinions the sand box is always a wonderful resorce for works in progress and new ideas and inspiration ^-^

??????
Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Here is my other wallpaper. I hope this is one is better.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/saya.png

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Skynight... I would focus on improving one wallpaper at a time.

Signature Image

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

ok since its about your character being poorly extracted here the best tutorial for extracting a scan (well it work for me though :P)
Extraction Tutorial
and for the background me no good in making one too so on that part i'll pass for other to help you ^^; and here a tips from Chloe userpage she have some good tips , hope this help you :)

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

As fireflywishes pointed out, maybe you should focus on that first wallpaper you posted - the Cagali one.

I see people had already given you useful links and tips on how to better extract characters and things so take it one step at a time; rushing out wallpapers won't really help. Also, don't forget to put your signature to the wallpaper and please, make your wallpaper in an appropriate resolution, all these that you showed us don't really fit any desktop screen. I'd also suggest to read MT Policy first to get a better grasp on everything wallpaper-related and MT rules in general. Keep it up!

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Okay I have redone the wallpaper of Cagali, and I hope it works.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/background1.png

Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

The extraction needs a lot of work, especially around the hair, you can see it's hasn't been fully extracted as there are white remains of the original vector.
As for the background...it looks very random and half-heartedly made, since it only contains default brushes scattered around. I really suggest you to take it easy and just keep practising, it really may take a while before you finish something properly. And remember that patience is the key. not fast work.

Plus, 1024x1024 px is not acceptable resolution.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

As Fran said, this still needs a LOT of work, starting from a better extraction to the whole wallpaper idea and wallpaper resolution.

I linked you in my previous post to MT Policy that you should read, especially regarding signatures and acceptable wallpaper resolutions since this one is not acceptable (there is no, to my knowledge, desktop screen in 1024x1024 resolution). Wallpapers with no signature and unacceptable resolution risk deletion.
The scan or vector of Cagali looks a bit better but the extraction isn't still done properly - I can still see white parts, especially in her hair and hands. As for the background, I don't really see any tangible idea or composition - is she supposed to be walking through the grass? Or float in the sky? Right now, it's really hard to say with a plain blue background color and custom PS grass brushes randomly scattered around.
Think about the general concept and idea for a wall first - do you want an abstract background with some brushes, textures and patterns? Or maybe a scenic one with cleverly placed elements like sky, ground, maybe some grass or the beach? When you've come up with that, you can then go look for suitable resources like brushes, stock images or vectors/scans with a suitable background image in them.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but if you submitted your wallpaper looking like this, it would only end up deleted. Making a good wallpaper is sometimes a very long and painstaking process so don't rush it and think things through first. We're always here to help so you can always ask us for an advice. Keep it up! :)

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

dont take all of thins as people hating your work use these comments to your advantage and use the information to help you in your indever at getting better you done well for your first try ^-^

??????
Signature

Lucia is right, you've done good for the first try, sometimes people forget how they were before.
I don't know how you did the extraction, but here's how it looks done with the pen tool, click me .
Waiting to see final results ^^ .

PS: Cute avatar Lucia XD.

Anime is a life that we all want to live in. But we can't.

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

I tried with the pen tool I couldn't get it to work at all. So I delete the background and fix it up that way.
My laptop is stupid and it's not working right, It wouldn't let the pen tool work like it should have.... Okay?...

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by skynightI tried with the pen tool I couldn't get it to work at all. So I delete the background and fix it up that way.
My laptop is stupid and it's not working right, It wouldn't let the pen tool work like it should have.... Okay?...

There are some good tutorials on how to extract with pen tool on the net. You can check this one here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaqWpZ-9L_o&feature=related). Pen tool isn't easy to work with at first but it's one of the best tools to extract things with.

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Can't I extract with something else? and thank you.

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, you can always try to do it with polygonal lasso tool, although that may not be very precise...good luck anyway! :)

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

Quote by madalin88Lucia is right, you've done good for the first try, sometimes people forget how they were before.
I don't know how you did the extraction, but here's how it looks done with the pen tool, click me .
Waiting to see final results ^^ .

PS: Cute avatar Lucia XD.

thanks when someone toled me about the pen tool it really seemed hard at first but after i played around with it a bit it got easear and it does save a load of fime

??????
Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Then couldn't one of you do the pen tool on it? Till I get better at it.

merged: 08-01-2011 ~ 04:01am
Hello I am back, I have a better scan I hope.
I hope I can upload it on MT.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/348692.jpg

merged: 08-01-2011 ~ 04:13am
This is the links to the bigger ones, I did. http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/348692.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/348690.png

Signature

Quote by skynightThen couldn't one of you do the pen tool on it? Till I get better at it.

You could use the one i posted earlier, it's got a transparent background ^^ as i saved it as .png .

Anime is a life that we all want to live in. But we can't.

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

I know and thank you. ^_^
I think I will not make anymore...

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I'm a bit confused now about those new scans you posted - do you wish to extract them and make a wallpaper out of them or submit them as scans? Because they're too small to be submitted as scans... >__>

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Yes I want to upload these new scans and I have the bigger ones on my comp.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.