Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Drawing - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Rapshield31

Rapshield31

diverted

Is it ok if I submit this drawing? [resolution - blurred? -]
I ask that just to be sure =) Thanks~!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

out of curiosity is it pencil? from first glance you've done a good job of drawing it, but I think all that specks of black stuff, that looks like scanner issues might kick it out. it's like it's been drawn in pencil and then scanned and the pencil carvings got trapped on the image. however I have seen a few images that are around here that have the same exact thing and they have remained. this will be up to the moderator over that section if they wish to delete it or not.

and remember folks telling someone it "looks nice" isn't really helping them. check out here http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66261 this is an introduction to the sandbox and explains how this part of the site works

hopefully others will stop by to help in your decision, in the meantime just be patient :) it's better to know than to upload and get shot down, in my opinion :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Rapshield31

Rapshield31

diverted

Hi hi xuan long time no see =) Yesh, I drew it with a pencil HB. The lateral chess is a PS's brush.
Wa... this weekend I'll be able to scan it with another scanner and see if it's a scanner of mine problem T^T because the paper I scanned is all cleaned 0.0

Thanks a lot for your answer xuan :3

Plus, here I tried to delete a good part of those points you said ^____^ tell me.

I see no problem submitting this as Indy Art. It may have a few technical imperfections but it shows skill and meets or exceeds the minimum requirements, in my opinion.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Yea, it looks good to me. I do wish it didn't have as many scanner artifacts, but overall the image itself is gallery acceptable. ^_^

Additionally, I would also second angel's comment about the purpose of the Sandbox.

Signature Image

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

its really nice work Dari ^^ but the chess board thing on the corner to much stand out from your work , maybe you can use 30% black color or you just remove it. and just like firefly said " it have too many scanner artifacts" , you might want to erase it so the scan will look clear. hope this help Dari ^^

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

Dari, if you have Photoshop then you could easily do the following things to make this drawing just right.

1) flip the image horizontally so that the script is not backwards
2) remove the artifacts and clean up anything that was not intended to appear on the white background
3) fade the checkerboard pattern if you wish; personally, I like it the way it is
4) sharpen any details that you would like to

Because I have Photoshop CS I don't use Gimp, but I have heard that is a good and free image manipulation program that you may download online.

ai-yame

ai-yame

<3 Iridescent <3

It really looks good as it is, but maybe you should get rid of the chessboard thing so that we can only have one focus, which is the character in your sketch. The 'you own me' written there looks interesting too, but maybe it could be isolated further to the right so that it can be read clearly, in my humble opinion. Hope to see this up in the Indy Art gallery soon! :)

<3 It's too early for you to beat me. <3
Signature

skulldolphin

skulldolphin

Run to the hills!!! >.<

Hooyaahs' suggestions will make the scan better/clearer. my only complain is with the chessboard corners. they seem out of place as many stated. maybe simple corners (like a picture frame, replacing the current ones) or none at all. nevertheless, it's a well-made drawing. congrats:*

Signature ImageI was just wondering how you comb your hair so the horns don’t show

Rapshield31

Rapshield31

diverted

As for the chessboard thing, thanks for the advice, I won't delete it [since I love it =)] but I'll clear it a bit. ^^
Thanks again for your help, Minitokyo citizens!

Plus, the "you own me" writing was made to be at the contrary :\ -em nwo uoy- lol I'll see what I can do~

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.