Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 HELP! advice on BG for Kobato Wall - Minitokyo

HELP! advice on BG for Kobato Wall

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

lurking and stalking :D

HI to all! and Good Day!

I want to ask for some help for all wallers for any level(as few says) for any advice for a background on my work-in-progress kobato wall.
Its been a year project of mine and i only had a few time to finish it. I admit i really suck at BG's and can't even construct one >_> Since i only uses mouse(though i had my old-school tablet) but still uses it.

this is the original scan.

and these are the two versions i come up with(clouds still not finished):

version1 <-references for the BG was from alenas's and vitaamin's. I tried to create it on my own. But i think its not that good.(or its really not good >_<)

version2 <-extended the scan

At first, i decided to just extend the scan, but as i look more into it. The more i feel something lacks >__< i envy those who can create/improvise on their own. I really want to improve and create my own but since, i still include myself as an amateur. hope you guys can help me. Thank you in advance and i really appreciate it!

anyway, the photobucket resizes the wall, if its too small please let me know. And also, you can also give critiques other than the BG. That will be a great help!And I don't hold grudges on frank/straight-forward critiques. It makes me want to learn even more :) Thanks again!<3

Hi! Your wall is looking lovely.
I would say that the clouds are a bit flat (right, you aren't finished yet XD), compared to all the details and shading on the girl and cages. I think version1 bg looks better as it provides more colour and gradients than version2.
Uhm.. maybe too much clouds? (well, if you are aiming to have a wall of lovely puffy clouds, its fine... X3) They cover most of the wall, maybe shrink the middle cloud a little so you can see some of the blue sky. Also the hanging cages, maybe varying the length at which they hang as right now most are straight along the top.
If you feel like adding more.. to match your theme you could add some free flying birds... :D
hehe.. hope that helps! (though it wasnt much >.>") and I'm also horrible at constructing my own bg DX..
Can't wait to see the finished product! <3

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

@Ride, no it really helps! thank you very much for your quick-reply advice! i agree with the flying birds, can it be the same birds on the cage or other type? x3 and i tried to shrink the clouds by painting it but it looks (bleehhhhhh+sad face). your encouragement is more than enough my friend. Thank you so much!<3 I'll start to work for it later.. need to close my eyes for the meantime. xD thanks again! *hugs*

No problem! Yeah, You shold somehow draw the same birds with open wings so they look sorta like they're flying XD (haha they are so cute a chubby :P) OK. Glad I could help :)

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

ahahaah! its sure is! maybe a could add a little spoof on the birds. XDD
i tried to create one earlier but it looked like a paper-bird plane. Dx i'll try again. xP
thanks again ride!

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

i personally like it ^-^ i think its pretty ^-^

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

I think RideOnMusic already said most of the part, but just in case I'll give you my 2 cents.

Too much clouds is ok actually, the only problems is there is less curl in them. You see some part of the clouds are curled up-inward? try adding them on the laft side of the clouds you extended. Version 1 looks better ^^

Signature Image

I agree with the others about everything, I tend to like version 2 more though. Also I think the wallpaper is too focused on the BG/clouds more than Kobato. I wish that she had a bigger part. Well, that's just my opinion. It's a great wallpaper overall ^_^.

Signature

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

@ashlie and asuga612, thank you both for your feedback and encouragement. I'll do my best! :)

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Lol, most of those swirls in my 11th Cat BG really were random. XD

I also think version 1 looks better in terms of background, it somehow adds more depth and details, the sky in version 2 looks kind of empty without them. If you want to make them less visible, you can always play with blending modes more or opacity and flow percentages. Just try them out and see which ones fit best. You can even add more colors than just blue hues like maybe some azure, green or even purple. Experimenting is fun! :)

Wish I could full view the image to see some more details but the whole image really is cute. I also agree with srsn about adding more swirls and curls and shading to those clouds, nothing too detailed or conspicuous. You could even try adding some minor, fluffy clouds over her feet or shins to make her seem as if she really is a part of that sky and floating on the clouds...These are just my suggestions, lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing this in the gallery. Keep it up! :3

Signature

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

@alenas, ohh i always thought it was planned that way. XD Thank you very much for the tip on experimenting(though this experimentation have brought me to abyss for a year). I'll do my very best! :3 thank you for the support ( ; 3;)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.