Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Makes you buy and play Videogames? - Minitokyo

What Makes you buy and play Videogames?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Dancerinthedark

Dancerinthedark

Queen of Darkness

What makes you,as a consumer,buy and play videogames,is it the Reviews?or another reason?
The main reason I buy videogames is to challange myself to see how far I can go.I want to see how many ways can I do something,I love Videogames and I always will,so I want to hear your reasons on Why videogames consume not only your wallets but also your time?

Pass the Heart To All the Friends You care AboutSignature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't pay attention to reviews at all. sure I will read them here on mt and I will read them elsewhere, but those are based entirely on opinion and most times I don't agree with opinions. for me it's what I can see that's helpful. like the visual aspects, if I see a commercial and I like what it entails then I will learn a slight more about it and then go from there. I prefer playing games that seldom get reviews or they are american based, puzzles, or series related. if I like one series I tend to pretty much like the future ones. for me I buy most of mine used, so even if I don't like them, I can take them back in a few days ;) I can also rent them so I'm not wasting a lot of money. some countries don't have this ability however :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Obie1

Obie1

The one with just enough fingers

I love videogames,some people watch movies,others read,but to me its videogames ftw! I enjoy videogames so much because their like my escape from reality tickets,the fact that I can save worlds,hijack cars,drop-kick a zombie (and much more...) Appeals to me in a way that's difficult to explain.I guess being able to do those things and not get an arrest warrent placed on you makes games so awesome for me.And I don't really pay much attention to reviews,their just oppinions,take Dynasty Warriors for example,I frikkin' love that game but they rate it so poorly on most sites,I need gameplay footage if I want to make a decision about a game I want to buy,but other that that,I just pull out the ol' ps2 and play me some classic games from a few years back...lol,I talk too much ^_^

There are two theories to arguing with woman,and neither of them work.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

That's a good question :U
Ummm, I guess what makes me buy games can be broken down into a few points.

1) The game maker
If the game is coming from Bioware or Square-Enix or Bethesda or Harmonix than I'm almost sure to give the game a look at. Well maybe with the exception of Square-Enix. I never considered getting FF 13 lol.

2) The possibility of multiple endings
The reality that not all games have this makes me shake my head and wonder 'what the flip?' Multiple endings are usually always so fun and requires multiple playthroughs. A lotta bang for your buck.

3) Reviews
Not always very important but they usually give me enough info to make a good decision, a decision that not always agrees with the reviewer's conclusion.

4) Difficulty changing
I'm a pretty hardcore gamer....I suppose. If the game is too easy and doesn't have the ability to rachet up the difficulty than that's a minus.

5) Dress Up
<___<; yeah, yeah, say what you want but the ability in a game to be able to decide what your character (or other characters) wear or use as weapons is fun in my book.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

To kill free time, i'm a somewhat productive person so when i absolutely have nothing to do or study for then i play my playstation 3.

MoonSpike

MoonSpike

Inside the Darkness

Mostly as a hobby. I expend about to 4 hours of the day playing something, mostly competitive games, like FPS, MMORPG or DotA. It's a good thing to do when u want to escape reality for a awhile.

Suicide is just an easy way of telling everyone that loves you, you hate them.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by keionyanTo kill free time, i'm a somewhat productive person so when i absolutely have nothing to do or study for then i play my playstation 3.

are you trying to insinuate the rest of us aren't productive? XD
I'm kidding. =P

I should also add that what makes me buy video games is the rare times when there is some 'extra' money in my bank account. Can't buy nothin' if the funds aren't there, heheh. ^^;;

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

I play them for the detail, story, the killer moves the main character(s) can do, awesome weapons, relieve stress(trust me, I'm merciless while fighting video game monsters when I'm angry*sees a scarecrow from DMC 4*hold that thought*charges at the scarecrow with a baseball bat and begins to beat it the tripoxilus beetles inside it are nothing but a gooey mess then comes back covered in bug guts**whew...* that felt good...) not to mention character customization(weapons, armor etc.). I also like the games where 2 characters who don't like each other(or hardly know each other) are dysfunctional and argue through out the game(especially in-game where they sometimes insult eachother) XD.

if it's a multiplayer game, it has to be popular with other people/sell over a million copies: no point in playing by yourself in multiplayer games.

action adventure games must be original with a good story.

rpg games must have at least 100 hours of "interesting" game play.

racing games must be called "gran turismo"

sports games must be the top selling/best rated game of it's respective sport

fighting games should have good graphics to make up for limited camera views

fps games should not be overhyped before being released. it only waters down the actual experience.

but those are generic requirements. almost any gamer will tell u the same things.

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Legendaryguy has it down. I find my expectations differ when it comes to certain genres. Though common to all of them is "Am I going to get my money's worth?" Now people have different ways of measuring this but I like to use factors like: expected playtime; replayability or an incentive to replay it (ie. multiple endings); additional content that is on the game itself and ISN'T DLC. I find that the industry is really trying my patience with the last one since there's a move to sell you the game on launch pretty much broken and have you buy the missing features that have been standard to the genre or franchise (FF 13-2) or attempt to repackage the same game with a couple new things as a full retail priced release (UMvC).

I think for me it can be a mix of things, some games I would buy for the eye candy. Others I'd buy mainly because my friends had it. But most of my game choices have been made based on how engaging the story of a game can be and how much I can immerse myself in the characters and their progression throughout the story. For instance, with FF 13 before it was released I was interested in picking it up because I found the story and new battle system to be interesting to try out. Another example is Mass Effect, I think the amount of openness you had with your character made it a very interesting and unique experience.

I recently acquired a game called Dark Souls. Mainly got it to see howmany times I'll die during the entire game. I eve made a chart to count how many times I died before I saved my game and turned off te Xbox 360.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.