Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Advices for a BG, please ! :) - Minitokyo

Advices for a BG, please ! :)

page 1 of 1 13 total items

My last wallpaper (that you can see here) has been deleted because of : "The resources in the background are heavily enlarged."

Credits :
Picture from MT.
3 textures from DeviantART (1 by regularjane, 1 by crazykira-resources, 1 by Princess of Shadows)
Lyrics from 2NE1 - Can't Nobody

Thank you~!

UPDATE : Here is the latest update
3 textures from DeviantART (1 by regularjane, 2 by Princess of Shadows, inspiration of a texture by regularjane that I removed from the first version)

I'm ready to bingo

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Ah, yes, that's why I told you to choose your BGs better because the one in the deleted wall looked low quality and pixelated/blurry. The second version looks slightly better but that black portion on the bottom still looks so out of place. Have you tried using a different set of brushes/textures for the background? Perhaps bigger ones might do the trick (bigger ones, not resized to a bigger size XD).

Signature

Quote by alenasAh, yes, that's why I told you to choose your BGs better because the one in the deleted wall looked low quality and pixelated/blurry. The second version looks slightly better but that black portion on the bottom still looks so out of place. Have you tried using a different set of brushes/textures for the background? Perhaps bigger ones might do the trick (bigger ones, not resized to a bigger size XD).

I think I have some of the same kind that must be bigger and without the black portion... I must check, though !

I'm ready to bingo

I noticed that you submitted a wall here but I couldn't view it,it was already deleted. And I didn't checked it on TheO ^^;;;;
What Alenas said is right. The bottom doesn't blend with the rest of the BG. I believe that I have some large textures. I'll send you some if they still exist :3

I didn't see your first version but I know how does enlarged textures look like. Be sure to stay away from small textures when making a wall!

Oh, this is merely an opinion, but I think orange look would much better than dark pink fir the text, but not a very strong orange.Also I think the brown bar at the bottom doesn't look good because of the lack above it. I think you should make its color white and use a different font for your sign, not a script type, but a basic type. Your current sign is not that legible actually. Well, it's only for your sake!

Signature

Alright ! I changed the text color and my signature, at least for now ! I'll work on the texture then... :)
The link is on my first comment !^^

I'm ready to bingo

leonskxxx

leonskxxx

Everything is connected..

Just work the vector, and not much larger, use multiple layers or layer masks to leave a better finish. and do not forget to leave your sources ^-^

Good luck :)

Signature

I did saw your wall. The bg was low in quality and blurry. Vectoring is best to use to get rid of low quality in images. Textures will work as well. :)

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

You should totally try to change stoke paths too. They look very unprofessional and don't have that natural flow going on.
As for the bg, try better brushes, hd one, or bigger. Or just vector some flowers, that can always work too. :3

Have fun, good luck.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Here is the latest update of my wallpaper : [update]
And, for the vector itself, how can I say that... Considering the fact that it is actually my first one, for now, I can't do better and I am still learning how to use layer paths... Changing it would be a very bad idea for now.

Thank you for your advices about it, though ! :)

I'm ready to bingo

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Oh, the background looks definitely better now, yes - the texture is pretty nice and crisp and that black spot is gone. My only suggestion now would be to somehow blend that text better into the background - try playing with blending modes and opacity/fill options to better make it blend in.

Also, while you still don't feel comfortable working with shape layers, some of those lines (paths) look as if they've been cut or stopped in the middle of a line and then continued with another set of paths - you can make one path for one longer line, you know like in those curves of that rope thingy going out from her collar and curve them by tweaking paths. Hope that helps. Keep it up! :)

Signature

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Well, for being your first time, it's actually pretty good. :3
If you want to give improvement a try thou check these out http://tsukishoujo.deviantart.com/gallery/669663 They helped me a lot when I was a noob.

Thanks to both of you for your advices and links :) I'll work on some parts of the vector and the "text blending" :)

I'm ready to bingo

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

You're welcomed, have fun, and if you got questions, feel free to ask. If I can help, I will gladly :3

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.