Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 EARTHQUAKE IN VIRGINIA! - Minitokyo

EARTHQUAKE IN VIRGINIA!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

MY TOWN OF " Bridgewater, Va " JUST HAD AN EARTHQUAKE! It was located 35 miles NW of Richmond, Va and was a Magnitude 5.8! IT'S EVEN ON BREAKNG NEWS ON THE " ABC CHANNEL " 5.9 NOW!

Have you ever felt an Earthquake before?! Because as far as i kow, Virginia as never really had an earthquake before. At least not in my lifetime. That felt so cool! :O

Avid Anime Lover, and Aspiring VoiceOver Artist!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

the epic center was Mineral, VA so I hope those involved are okay and only property damage is done and no causalities. they are checking buildings and once they are cleared they can return. thankfully there is no Tsunami warning in this quake due to the rocks on the east coast having absorbed a lot of the quake, thus how it was felt so far. monuments have been evacuated and closed and people forced from the buildings elsewhere but thus far people aren't as panicked.

I've been in several quakes and other natural disasters and I'm certain things are going to be just fine for the epic center of the shock and surrounding areas. they are already experiencing aftershocks now, so you might experience those as well.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I think you should be a little bit more sensitive when treating a matter like natural disasters, specifically earthquakes. Like, not so long ago Japan was hit by an earthquake as I think you know and it wasn't precisely cool, lol.
I mean, NZ had a 6.3 earthquake and it was quite terrible ^^'

Either way, earthquakes here are uber common at the point you don't even get surprised about them.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

No, I've never experienced an earthquake before, but I hope everyone over there in Virginia is alright; these past two years has made me realize how devastating earthquakes can be.

As for natural disasters, no earthquakes for me, but I'll be waving 'hello' to Hurricane Irene pretty soon.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I've never experienced an earthquake either, but my brother did while he was in Japan a while back. It wasn't that huge one recently, just a relatively harmless local one. Said it woke him up early in the morning to find his house shaking though. Anyways, I mostly have to deal with hurricanes where I live. Hope the damage to Virginia isn't too severe!

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Hopefully Irene skips Florida(skim is fine) and goes for the Carolinas. >:)

And no, earthquakes are almost impossible for Florida to have considering we're pretty far from any fault line.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Earthquakes are really common here (in CA), lol... so I've been through my fair share of them. (And of course I live like right next to the San Andreas Faultline...)

aaaaand... apparently there was just an earthquake 5 minutes ago. XD (According to USGS: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/nc71625065.php)

Signature Image

OMG, the horror!
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4263/29607575219524766913803.jpg
Don't worry, we have the technology! We can rebuild!

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4167/29663826908007310454910.jpg

Seriously, I didn't feel it. Most likely I was outside when it happened.
But I did experience quite a few earthquakes when I was younger and
just 3 years back when I went back to visit my grandparents.

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Unless it causes landslides and the deaths to a fraction of the world's population.. it's not worth being reported about.
That's just my 2 cents on it though.
On topic: I've felt an earthquake but was never really affected by it before everything in my house is superglued.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

I didn't even feel anything I was visiting friends in North Carolina its nothing compared to most of the ones we get in California. It was more like a fat kid doing the truffle shuffle on a table..

I was down in Virginia when the earthquake hit.
I didn't feel a thing, though I wish I did, as then I'd actually know what the people around me were talking about
T_T

its very bad news but thanks you have update us about this latest news

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.