Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DONT buy from Utopia Anime - Minitokyo

DONT buy from Utopia Anime

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Groundsquirrel

Groundsquirrel

Happily Married now!

Heya folks, just thought I'd share my experiences with buying a figure/model from Utopia Anime on the web.

Back in September 2003, I bought a Kiddy Grade figure (it was like $300 bucks), and to this day, I STILL have not received it. After several (like 10) emails to them requesting the status, I've gotten no, zip, zero nada response. They're basically ignoring me. They were quick to respond to my inquires BEFORE I bought and equally quick to charge my credit card (thank god for fraud protection), but thats about it.

So, if you ever come across them on the web, please do yourself a favor and dont buy from them. Resist the urge (they do have nice pictures) and buy from somewhere MUCH more reputable like HLJ or something. I dont want to see my anime bretheren to get ripped off like I did.

Thanks for listening and this has been your public service announcement for the day.

-----------
"I am Super Baka" - Kagura, Azumanga Daioh

See mah anime collection at: http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Groundsquirrelsb&type=O&sc=C&ls=T

DJ-of-E

Le

For technical questions regarding our online products and services, please contact aidamarisroman@hotmail.com

I lke the fact that your technical service email belongs to HOTMAIL.

First of all, what you should've done is use PAYPAL. I've been ripped off some other websites (I only use my card direct if they have ANDALE or something from AnimeNation.) and I've contacted PayPal. They have the transaction on file so they know when exactly the exchange happen. Sometimes it's better to hold a backup copy for yourself. The Supplier has 30 days to send your product or give you your refund. The worst thing that could happen is if that supplier didn't respond at all. You would get your refund (please note a $5 service fee), but the supplier will get around $30 worth of fee and the incident reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Other than that...WHY WOULD YOU BUY SOMETHING WHO'S COMPANY/STORE IS LOCATED IN PUERTO RICO!!! This made my confidence of this place go from 100% down to 85%

Secondly, it seems you're not very careful enough when you purchased this. I ATTEMPTED/TEST out the order without completing it. I've noticed something is missing.

http://www.minitokyo.net/upload/sslsecurity.jpg

No security when it comes to any sort of paperwork. Brings my confidence to 85% down to 45%

And lastly...the website is like shit. So many broken links or mishandled links between the old site and the new site. This makes me think the company is inadequate and a n00b when it comes to business.

I felt sad for you. The Better Business Bureau does not have a district in Puerto Rico. You can kiss that $300 goodbye. There MAY be a way to get your money back, but I do not know at the moment.

he bought it with a credit card. Very good chance of getting his money back.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

Groundsquirrel

Groundsquirrel

Happily Married now!

Geez, DJ, gimme some credit here. I'm not a total moron. Aye, I got the money back via my CC. I was just passing on this warning to others, so dont lecture me.

-----------

See mah anime collection at: http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Groundsquirrelsb&type=O&sc=C&ls=T

DJ-of-E

Le

yes....i'm just making things worst so you won't shop on the internet again =_=

Argonian

Argonian

Dark Minion

lol...there are good places to buy stuff. One bad place is not a good example.As Groundsquirrel said HLJ is an good example.I always got what I ordered and always got reply when had problems. So we will never stop buying stuff on internet ^^.I cant afford losing artbooks and magazines just for some bad business examples.

Dont be fooled by the money power. Weapons are the true power.
All shall come to our Lord Dagoth Ur and greet him as flesh or as ash.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Thanks for the Warning Groundsquirrel !!

i think we can use a thread that peeps can visit and search in how shops are handeling our items.

Never had problems with

Amazon.xxx
dvdboxoffice.com (free international shipping. )

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Groundsquirrel

Groundsquirrel

Happily Married now!

You're welcome folks.. the more warned the better!

-----------

Dfire

Dfire

101%chewy goodness

Quote by DJ-of-E

Other than that...WHY WOULD YOU BUY SOMETHING WHO'S COMPANY/STORE IS LOCATED IN PUERTO RICO!!! This made my confidence of this place go from 100% down to 85%

I'm desperately sorry for what happened to you, Ground Squirrel. Something very similar happend to me with Central Park Media, but I did manage to get my order in the end. But it wasn't easy.

I'm sorry DJ, that you have a problem with Puerto Rico. I guess it'll suck for you if it becomes a state.

Groundsquirrel

Groundsquirrel

Happily Married now!

Quote by Dfire

Quote by DJ-of-E

I'm desperately sorry for what happened to you, Ground Squirrel. Something very similar happend to me with Central Park Media, but I did manage to get my order in the end. But it wasn't easy.

I'm sorry DJ, that you have a problem with Puerto Rico. I guess it'll suck for you if it becomes a state.

Thanks for your comments, but its not your fault. I'm not so narrow minded as to associate all of Puerto Rico businesses with Utopia Anime. Like I said, I like to give international businesses a shot at earning my business. Maybe next time, I'll just make a smaller purchase to try out the waters.

-----------

Though this post is old, but it is new to me since I am relatively new. Thanks for the warning. Do you know of any safe and trustworthy online aniime stores? Can you post the link of send them to me please?

Hughes

Hughes

State Alchemist

oh man that sux bad u always gotta take chances paying on the web i dont buy figures or anything but if i want dvds i go to meganimedvd.com they got me my dvds in 4 DAYS ^_^

Signature

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Wow! :( Well, I don't buy stuff from the internet in the first place but sorry to hear about your story. :\

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

I know exactly how you feel GroundSquirrel. I purchased three models from them, a 1/8 Teela Zain Elmes, 1/8 Sienna Areel and a 1/8 Son Goku. All they sent me was Teela. But out of the three thats the one I wanted most. I emailed them back to check the status of my other two models, even though they were supposed to do those at the same time, but never got a response back. I had to wait at least 9 months before I got Teela due to them having a baby or something like that. Honestly they could have gotten back on track at least a few weeks after that, it didnt make any sense. In my opinion, they didnt seem very efficient in thier business.

Signature

things like figueres and stuff , i would never buy over i-net ... you can't really look at the datails which is important ... i , myself go to my nearest city (munich) and there is a big animestore ... if they don't have the stuff i want they order it without giving me pressure to buy it when it arrived ... so if the figure isn't like i want it then i don't have to buy it ... and they sell it to someone else in store ...
this way you won't have any problems and you don't have to run after your stuff ...

Jaymaker

Jaymaker

Halo

I have found that animecastle.com and animecornerstore.com are good places to shop they give you all your money back when anything goes wrong. I mean anything. Also they let you exchange what you bought with something els if something comes up and they have great merchandice. :)

Spartens The future of all warfare. Who's gona stop him.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.