Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 AO : server problems? - Minitokyo

AO : server problems?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

the last few hours, I cannot access www.AnimeOnline.net... It looks like the server is having problems,... or is it my connection that is f*cked up....
anyone knows why this happened?

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

it also seems like the server is down. hope ao isnt going down as whole, but i find that most unlikely. in either case, we still have MT :D

Kyo-Sohma

Kyo-Sohma

*Sulking on the roof*

No. It appears that there server may be down. I am not recieving an active ping from the site. May be down for maintenance.

Signature
"I'm gonna break your pretty boy face" -Kyou to Yuki

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

sammo : Oh, of course... MT is tha' best ^_^', yeah?
I've just submitted my latest work to AO also... and I want to see the feedback... that's why...
Well.. I hope they'll be up and running again in no time... ^^

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

I know I cant get into AO! ;( it sucks...knew it couldnt be just me.

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Maybe it's a hardware problem. Buuut I hardly go there anyways. So yeah....

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

yea it timed out...............??......ive never been there though?.....i check it out later.....

yea... down for me too and im really pissed because I have some new work to submit.

btw - I love your work KorganoS, Im glad you came to AO.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

white-zero

white-zero

just talked to Trunks. He said Spiderweb didn't pay the cost of the the hosting.

Too bad.

Edit: The cost is around 20k (per year I assume) and Ewdi ain't paying that much. So you can say AO is finally gone.

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

yea White told me this over aim,
i was surprised it cost 2OK! per year or 2 years.
something around that.
That what you get of having 100k of members in one site, which makes the hosing cost
expasive.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

Purplefire

Purplefire

Are you serious? AO gone for good or just on Hiatus? Noooooo ;( !! AO had the coolest forum. That is a big shock though, I knew it had to deal with money :( so sad

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Quote by PurplefireAre you serious? AO gone for good or just on Hiatus? Noooooo ;( !!

Unless someone is willing to pay the cost, I don't see it's coming back anytime soon.

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Quote by white-zero

Quote by PurplefireAre you serious? AO gone for good or just on Hiatus? Noooooo ;( !!

Unless someone is willing to pay the cost, I don't see it's coming back anytime soon.

True dat, i dunno if anyone will be willing to pay 20k for one site

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

Purplefire

Purplefire

Doesn't this site have about the same amount of members though?

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Quote by PurplefireDoesn't this site have about the same amount of members though?

It's 10k and rising but AO is 10 times more than that

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Quote by white-zero

Quote by PurplefireDoesn't this site have about the same amount of members though?

yea so do the math 10x10=?
if you guys complainting that ao isnt on,
i would like to see you to be in of the mods shoes and try or willing
to pay 20k

Signature

Skillzpay

Skillzpay

Graduated Magna Cum Laude!

Quote by white-zerojust talked to Trunks. He said Spiderweb didn't pay the cost of the the hosting.

lol I was kidding about this very possibility with someone and it turns out to be the actual situation. I wonder why Spiderweb even bought AO in the first place, the guy was so young so I don't see how he could've came up with that kind of money.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Ah thats sad to here. * pauses for a moment of silence. * I didn't like AO that much, but am sorry its gone. -_- -_-

Signature

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Quote by PurplefireAre you serious? AO gone for good or just on Hiatus? Noooooo ;( !! AO
had the coolest forum. That is a big shock though, I knew it had to
deal with money :( so sad

Expect MT's activity to increase, tenfold.

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Purplefire

Purplefire

Quote by Shadowdude

Quote by white-zero

yea so do the math 10x10=?if you guys complainting that ao isnt on,
i would like to see you to be in of the mods shoes and try or willingto pay 20k

lmao I'm NOT complaining. I was just wondering. geesh. and yes i know that is a lot of money. and im not mad or anything. just wish i could have helped somehow ;/ oh well. As for many people from AO coming to MT, I wouldn't doubt it...lets just hope what happened to AO..wont happen here at MT :/ otherwise both sites will be down. and then what?

Signature

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Whats the big fuss...??? its been a whille since AOs been down....
Just give it a rest and it will come back.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

I hope its only a temp...otherwise MT will have even more traffic O.O

Signature

Is that necessarily a bad thing Osiris?

I was on AO too. But I find MT to be far more... shall we say... interesting? It was a link on AO that led me here. Haven't looked back since. Not that AO is necessarily a bad site - it's fantastic. But MT seems more so. At least, that's just my opinion.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Shadowdudeyea White told me this over aim,
i was surprised it cost 2OK! per year or 2 years.something around that.
That what you get of having 100k of members in one site, which makes the hosing cost
expasive.

20K? wtf.... >_<
That's as much as my 2 whole year paycheck!!!
*sighs* well.. it's true that MT is far better than AO, community-wise :D, but lots of my friends are there and I missed them sooo much *sob*,
uh... I think most of them are also here anyway.... ^_^'

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.