Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the un-ending and the un-ended - Minitokyo

the un-ending and the un-ended

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

after watching some un-ended animes and seeing people watch some un-ending animes, it lured me to wonder( and also make a thread XD) why are some anime series left un-ended while the manga of same series just keeps on-going such as 07 ghost ( the story of the anime was just a trailer of what happens in the manga) the anime being so good and liked as well was just left un-ended to be finished off by manga, the, there are also other examples as slam dunk (which was also un-ended but the manga was complete and ended well).
on the other hand some of the most popular anime such as, naruto, bleach, and even detective conan are all so infinite, put the episodes in real time and all the year pass,( keep imagining ,and thats what i mean)

getting to the point, my real question is "Whats the story behind the un-ending and the un-ended?", "Are you or do you watch anything with the likes of the above mentioned anime?"

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I own several anime that has an unended, yet it ended. aka there never was a second season it just went, poof, the end. outlaw star, witch hunter robin, and so forth all have this same thing. for some it means the anime didn't make enough sells so they couldn't make a second season or make more episodes (granted those that they could make more because some anime it just isn't possible to make another series no matter how hard we try) for outlaw star the company lost money and created a whole new anime instead of making another season. so it could be the creators of the anime, the company, and the likes that is the cause. or it could be a disagreement between creator of manga/game to creator of anime that causes it to become absolute.

the longer anime are probably so popular that they just have to find something to put in there to squeeze just a tiny bit of more money out of the fans that are flooding and demanding more, whereas the few that like the off mainstream get little to nothing at all. I don't know of 07 ghost in mainstream or not, however I don't hear much about it so probably so. mainstream gets the love and attention, that's what makes it mainstream. unless it's lost in limbo and they won't dub it so even more audiences can watch it like Gintama.

so in the end it could be many factors which lead it up to the point of mainstream vs non mainstream, which ever gets the most love equally tends to get more until people are bloated on it and still they give us more :|

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

There is no such thing as 'unended', if it did not end.. then it is being continued. If it did not continue, one can assume it ended.
So when I substitute these words into the OP's post, you're asking why a series ends when it ended?
It's because it ended.
What exactly is the problem?

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I think angelxxuan hit the nail on the head. Its all about popularity, sales and ratings. The less popular shows aren't worth the trouble, finacially speaking, to make or I guess in some cases dub or release in the US (Shakugan no Shana! Where is the second season!? *sad panda* ).

Maybe all hope is not lost though. I know back when I was young DBZ ended suddenly right after Goku beat Recoome. And I was like, huh? Did they go back to earth and live happily ever after...? lol.
But then several years later, DBZ came back with a whole new cast, new music and on vhs tape....yay.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

@ darth; un-ended means, that the series en without the story ending.

@ legionary; shakugan no shana does have a second season. ( i think i am sure)

@ angel; confirmed and agreed. :)

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

What you're looking to say is the story was not finished when the series came to a sudden end.
Not an unended end of an end.
If the series ended without the story ending, that just means that they did not cover everything else or have yet to do it. If they've done it in the manga and did not do it in the anime, that just means not everything was shown in the anime which.. when in that situation is not 'unended' at all. Generally looking at it.. it 'ended' in the manga.. but was not -covered- in the anime.
There's a difference really.
Just trying to find some consistency lol

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I know there is a second season, but its not dubbed and on my dvd's of the first season it says 2005.... so if it's been that long it seems like they might not dub the second season or if they did, not use the original voice actors. =(

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

berdengtubig

berdengtubig

Feel the storm, it's coming.

I appreciate non-ending animes because they give me a chance to "continue" it and not spoon feeding what will happen and happened. It's nice to somehow be the story teller of the story :)

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.