Tagging Correction Help Needed

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Abishokaya

Abishokaya

Music = Inspiration = Art

Cancel

I recently posted some scans that are under a Tag in the category "J-Pop Idol" and it says they are themes right now which is not quite correct. I typed it in the tag, but now "J-Pop Idol" is part of the tag title which is not what I meant it to do.

What can I do to fix this? How can I make the Tag Title say "ViViD" as it's supposed to in the title but have the tag category "J-Pop Idol" and not as part of the tag title? I'm not sure if I'm using proper terms to address the problem but I'm describing it as best I can.

Here is an example of the Tag issue on one of my scans. It's supposed to say "ViViD" but it says "Vivid J-pop Idol"

Ko Ki
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/556576

Here is an example of what it's supposed to look like. It's supposed to say "Gazette" and it does like it's meant to.

Uruha
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/555755

Now I understand that there is sub text next to each tag to clarify what types of tags there are in each image when typing in tags during an upload, but I can't seem to change the category from "theme" to "J-Pop Idol".

Is this an admin permission only kind of thing? Or am I Just typing things wrong? What should I type if it's a typing error?

Also, the problem is reoccurring on all ten of these scans, just in case this is an admin kind of fix up.
http://abishokaya.minitokyo.net/gallery?index=3&tid=57325&display=extensive

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Cancel

This is not a bug, is just how the tagging system works.
New tags are created by default as themes, the jpop idol tag you added was not in the database and thus, created as a theme. Only some members (staff & taggers) can fix tags.

Appending the tag type to the name of the tag wont do in this cases, what you should do is posting in the tag admin thread the tags that need fixing. Note that there's a set of guidelines for this in the first post plus a brief introduction on the topic.

If you need some any type of help, please let me know :3

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Abishokaya

Abishokaya

Cancel

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I thought I saw a thread link like that before, but I couldn't find it. So I put it in bug fixes. Sorry for the mistake. For some reason I have trouble remembering where that thread is located.

I'll try it out in that thread and ask for help there. I'm hoping I can get the hang of it but I will definitely ask for help if I can't figure out how to use the guidelines.

wait...actually, I noticed something in the comments. It seems someone has already made a tag report in that thread? The member is RideOnMusic. Is that what it's supposed to look like? Or do I still need to make a report?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Cancel

Oh, well, seeing how RideOn already post it, there's no need for you to post it too :3, and yup, the format is correct.

So, in the future, when you create new tags, please remember to post them in the tag admin thread so we can take care of them.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Abishokaya

Abishokaya

Cancel

Ok, I see. Gotcha.
Alright, thanks a bunch, Fran. :) I really appreciate it.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.