Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Falsify (wallpaper) - Minitokyo

Deletion of Falsify (wallpaper)

Tagged under Bleach

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Quote: The wallpaper you have submitted (http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/556817) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Included was a message from the moderator: "too simplistic"

Is "too simplistic" really a good measure of quality? I put plenty of time and effort into it and yes, it's minimalistic (that was the intention), but I hardly think it's simplistic. If it's for another, fixable reason, I'd be happy to edit it, but adding more junk to the wall is going to lose the original intent.

I'm sorry if I sound snippy, but I was pretty proud of this one, haha.

Here's a link to the paper iteslf: http://i55.tinypic.com/29dfwn4.jpg

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

While I am not the one that deleted it, just from viewing the piece it really looks like you just took two shots of the character and put them on a black background with some text and a piece behind the images. While I like the concept, and the text is really cool, the images themselves don't exactly feel like much work was done to them.

I believe that was the intent behind saying it was too simplistic as well, and by all means less is definitely more in a lot of cases, but I think in this case there still looks like a bit more can be done with the piece. Perhaps something a bit more with the images of the character, or maybe a bit more pops of color?

However, this is simply my two cents. I'm sure the moderator that deleted it will get back to you on that. I just wanted to offer a secondary opinion.

Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, although it does seem pretty nifty at first glance, it does have a few problems:

- it lacks your signature and putting a signature on your wallpaper is one of the important things. Wallpapers without it risk deletion.

- while the idea was pretty nice, putting just two characters on a black background like that really does look like low effort (time is also no indicator for well made wallpapers)

- upon closer look, you may notice that characters seem 'cut off' which is especially visible on the left character whose head/hair looks like it's missing. Using 'incomplete' looking characters like that isn't really a good idea unless somehow masked skillfully; hence the idea of adding more elements in the wall would be a good one. Things like some subtle but catchy brushes or patterns might hide the fact that your characters are missing body parts and also spice up the wall a bit. That, or try finding better (and more usable) scans of those characters. Good luck!

Signature

Ah, well I suppose that would do it.

Just a few quick things? I wasn't aware of the signature rule, so that's my bad. I tend, in general, not to put them on, so I'll be sure to keep that in mind :) The cutting off of the image is the scan I'm working with, and there wasn't much I could do about it, so I figured that separating it into pieces would be a semi-effectual/semi-stylish antidote... apparently not, haha. And I just /wish/ the colour work was more evident, but, unfortunately (?), you can't see the adjustment layers.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have any specific recommendations? I'm just hesitant to move forward because I'm sure where to go at all;;;

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

My recommendation would be to review through the Terms of Service, to make sure your item meets the requirements, and if you aren't too sure to hit up The Sandbox section of the forums. There, other members can offer suggestions and advice for you.

I hope this helps you!

Signature Image

Thanks very much for the help!

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.