Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Opinions/Recs? (Wallpaper) - Minitokyo

Opinions/Recs? (Wallpaper)

Tagged under Bleach

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Alright, so this wallpaper was deemed 'too simplistic' for submission:
http://i55.tinypic.com/154ezuw.jpg

I totally understand their reasoning, and, though I like it, am very open to suggestions for additions.

I'm browsing through my resources and textures and am currently sitting on top of this edit (which I know won't be enough):
http://i51.tinypic.com/29og7rl.jpg

If providing the psd would be helpful, I can do that too. I'm open to suggestions/thoughts/slaps on the wrist!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, the thing about this is that it's supposed to also cover the scan in those strategic places. I can link you to a good example of a wallpaper that uses black minimalistic background, a single character and nicely combined brushes and renders so you could get a picture of what I had in mind: link

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I don't know about you but I'd find a better way to fit that sentence into the picture while you're at it. Looks out of place with the white newspaper cutting type of semblance, try typing it out yourself and skewing/fading the wording.
Just pointing that out there.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Furiz

Furiz

Coloring rainbows.. with a knife

i'd say try adding some random shapes, like abstract vectors, then color them with gradient with some dark, highly contrasted colors, if you are not willing to vector those scans then you will need to blend to the dark background, like alenas showed you in the example. I personally like the sentence though i could say it kinda misses a final touch :P try playing with it, you can always "youtube" for tutorials :)
GL

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.