Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lets choose your favorite musical - Minitokyo

Lets choose your favorite musical

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

As I see the musical genre unfortunately disregarded. I really wonder is anybody else is looking (or at least remember) musicals? If you are one of the "anybody" then write about their favorites, and why you chose them. I did not limit the number of options - you can write like one, or very much.
If you do not like musicals you write too - the opposite view is also useful

What about me - I prefer
1 - Notre dame de Paris (the one case where I like the original and adapted version. All the songs are great, and Garou is very organic as Quasimodo)
2 - Phantom of the Opera (movie version is just fine. Although the film is quite long, I never once yawn)))
3 - Moulin Rouge - (I appreciated the scenery and costume selection. The songs are also good, especially Roxanne)

Art is an effort to create, beside the real world, a more human world.
Maurois

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I miss musicals, some of the newer ones are too teenie bop style, sure that's what some musicals are geared towards, but some of the songs are so bad, and even some of them are so horrible in sound quality it's just down right horrible to listen to not to mention to watch.

here are my favorites, possibly in no particular order:

Annie, My Fair Lady, Grease 1/2, Sound of Music, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Cry-Baby just to name a few.

it seems they were quite popular for a time, and I believe disney brought out a lot, they still are, but the acting is too over the top for me so until one comes out again that I like I'll remain loyal to the musicals I know. besides, one good thing about musicals, it's all about the music and very little of what movies have become today :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I'm only going to count the live action ones for me because otherwise Disney would dominate. xD

Hmm, I've always loved the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. It was so twisted and fun. ~

My other favorite is probably Wicked. While the story is not amazing, I had the pleasure of seeing it performed and the music was absolutley fantastic and the sort that's worth listening to again and again.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

angelxxuan
what are newer musicals you talking about? Just all musicals in my country disappeared like at black hole. Last was -Mamma mia-. -Sound of music- is only in the preparation (later is better than never)))
Snickerdoodleninja
Oh, I did not know about the existence of the old movie "Charlie ..", I read the book in the childhood and watched Burton version. Thanks for the info ~_^

Maurois

I love musicals! Whenever I say that though I usually get a O.o look from people..lol. They are usually the only genre of movie I have no problem sitting through. Some of my favorites are:

Westside Story, Newsies, Fosse, Moulin Rouge, Rent, Singing in the Rain, and Footloose. :D

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Glukogen: the newer ones are the ones that disney has attempted to do but they just turn out scaring me, like high school musical, of any number, and many many more. just look at the disney site and you'll see more. glee scares me too. sorry to the fans but there are just some things that should not be attempted to do again and/or you can't do a classic.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

@ Mibelle: I LOVE NEWSIES.

Though my favs would be "Singin' in the Rain" and "Grease". "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was also good, but it kinda lagged in some parts. ^_~ I miss good musicals nowadays...

Signature Image

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

angelxxuan Ah, understood now. At first I thought you mean something like "Sweeny Todd"..
Your mention about "Singing in the rain" made me think of "Cherbourg umbrellas" (thanks to power of of association)), I so love theme of farewell from its.

From the memories of my childhood I left a good impression of the old musical films such as "The Three Musketeers," "Mary Poppins, Goodbye" and "31 June" (as the local production). Alas, no longer make such films. (I probably remind old woman who recalls her youth %)

Maurois

i like the music in which a little bit of Romance is involve and romantic stories are always mine,s best however the romantic songs are my choice all the time and i like them so much. and thanks you share them with us in this forum

I haven't seem too much musicals. But I do like The Phantom of the Opera, the lyric of "The Music of the Night" is sooo beautiful.
Sarah Brightman was in the original cast, I love her voice very much.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.