Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 There is "Drought of Ideas", in the genre Nippon lately? - Minitokyo

There is "Drought of Ideas", in the genre Nippon lately?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

Since 2009 I find the manga and anime in particular, have not given much of a variety of genres. The last time, is saturated with content eicchi series, and even yuri. It has abandoned the action, and has gone as simple and banal. What do you think?

BLOODY TRIGGER - Survive! Till the end!
for: PDRAWMAN (2000-2011)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

depends on what you've obtained. sure it's been about the typical things, harem, ecchi, etc. but they do release some good ones and then there are the series that are still on-going. if it doesn't appeal and/or interest me I don't watch it. but I have noticed a lot of that stuff, but this is their style, a lot of countries can only obtain some of the stuff and some stuff has not been released to another language and it remains subbed/original only. I haven't ran out of things to watch of the new stuff anyways :/ some of the new things are: hellsing, gintama, x-men, the skull man, sengoku basara, trigun movie, etc. all of these have been released in that time bracket you've mentioned.

I don't really read manga so I can't mention/compare anything in that department.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

Quote by angelxxuandepends on what you've obtained. sure it's been about the typical things, harem, ecchi, etc. but they do release some good ones and then there are the series that are still on-going. if it doesn't appeal and/or interest me I don't watch it. but I have noticed a lot of that stuff, but this is their style, a lot of countries can only obtain some of the stuff and some stuff has not been released to another language and it remains subbed/original only. I haven't ran out of things to watch of the new stuff anyways :/ some of the new things are: hellsing, gintama, x-men, the skull man, sengoku basara, trigun movie, etc. all of these have been released in that time bracket you've mentioned.

I don't really read manga so I can't mention/compare anything in that department.

Right. Also, I mean series that have been launched within that period. Because I have more memory which is Fairy Tail. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece have endured over time. But I agree with you. Like you do not read too much manga: Bleach alone, and until recently, To Aru Majutsu No Index.

PDRAWMAN

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I haven't watched anything new in quite sometime because like pdraw, I've also noticed an increase in the amount of Ecchi/fanservice at the expense of good storylines.

Though, in the manga dept. I've had much greater success. ^_^

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I would go back as far as 2005-ish or so to actually when this huge surge of ecchi-driven anime started to make it's leap into the anime world.

Bottom line it comes down to the fact that sex sells, and that these shows/manga are driving in big numbers. If you were to personally ask me, I can't honestly fathom why some of these even reached publication, but it really just comes down to the fact that it sells and it sells well. They target towards a specific audience and that's all there is to it.

The only way you can voice out against it, is to simply not buy into it. Stick to the shows that offer a great deal of creativity and branch away from those concepts. However, for as long as I've been into anime, I don't ecchi, or any type of fan service, will ever be completely vacant from anime. I'm sure it's probably just part of a course and once that has run it's toll, it'll probably switch up to something else.

Signature Image

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

we might say that this is part of a stage, like the Renaissance or the Industrial Revolution. Maybe in a couple of years this trend evolves or more, according to public expectations. I fully agree on the idea that there will always be loopholes or explicit insinuation eicchi or fanservice (which has always been) hopefully not abuse it.

PDRAWMAN

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I was saddened the day I started hearing the F word and nudity appearing in pg-13 for american films, I was shocked to see this in cartoons/anime and then shortly I got accustomed to it and it stopped bothering me. there are still things that disturb me beyond a doubt, but it's sad but true what cb stated, as long as it sells, more is going to come about. sure it cuts down what interests someone, but it does exist that has very little to practically none, however some of these are kid geared but they do exist all the same :) maybe the companies that travel the net reading and looking for new ideas might see key words and get curious and come look to see what audiences like and we might get lucky and see stuff appearing that is limited or none at all and still be good? not everything out there is good that is limited in the ecchi/fan service department as well.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.