Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is creative and who gets to choose what is or isn't? - Minitokyo

What is creative and who gets to choose what is or isn't?

Creativity - coming up/w idea or "implementing it"

A) Person w/idea is creative one
3 votes
B) Person implements an idea is the creative one
1 votes
C) Both are creative in different ways
3 votes
D) Neither is creative
0 votes
E ) All of the above
1 votes
F) None of the above
2 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Quote by Bernouli Hi Astara, just coming in to say why your wall was deleted. I won't be long winded here, the wall was just simply deleted because it appears to lack effort. Here is the scan: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/382724. Now look at your wallpaper. All that I can see you did to it was crop it, rotated it, and faded the edges a bit. We just don't see the creativity in that, you could have done a lot more with it. The possibilities are endless, and it seems you just chose to take the easy route by picking a naked girl to which automatically guarantees popularity.

So if it is so 'easy', please show us the many similar or .... any similar walls available anywhere?

Your idea of creativity is very narrow in definition. It's not about 'creativity', it's about how much effort and time it would have taken YOU to do it.

1) It's not saying that you could have done it (though in this case that is likely)
2) **Creativity** requires **thinking of the idea**... That's creativity. Executing 'known' process to get from point A to point B, that's 'engineering'. That's what most of your 'creative' walls are -- vectors with various random brushes. That the known process is tedious and error prone doesn't mean that being able to do it is 'creative'.

I challenge you to to tell people where they can download a wall based on that scan that they can simply put on their monitor.

Solving that would show 'creativity' -- that's what I did.

That it didn't take a long application of "tedia", (as in tedious things), is irrelevant and has nothing to do with creativity.

Lack of effort is a relative view. To an expert, a heart-lung-bypass is a piece of cake, to a layman? To people who are experts w/photoshop and have done art for years, many walls are trivial and can be churned out in less than a day -- that's not showing any creativity -- expertise, but creativity requires the ability to think of the idea in the first place.

If it wasn't creative, then you are saying it was common place. If that's the case, you should have no problem finding examples that are already on the web (not that you create and past date). I'm saying no one thought of it -- no one thought to do it, because they thought it was 'too easy' and not enough of a challenge. Since when does something *Need* to be a challenge to even have a chance at being done.

When I was younger I had no access to tools to make walls -- all I could do was download.... Alot of people don't have photoshop or similar tools -- in fact I would wager that the majority of those downloading, especially, that wall, don't have photoshop. It's not like I 'Churn' out tons of walls. I try to pick a good idea and go with it -- I try to apply brains, not "tedia"..., as I don't have years of artistic talent training.

To slap someone down because they came up with a creative idea that made their job easier? You may have a point, and you may just wish you had done it.

Is art that would require YOU alot of work the definition of acceptable?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

If creativity was only considered in terms of an idea without doing it, it would just be that...an idea. Unfortunately, wallpapers require more than a mere idea.

Plus, creativity is not the only aspect judged when the staff decides what stays or not. Is just one of the few aspects, along things like technique or execution, quality of the resources, etc. I have repeated this so many times already, maybe not to you, but in general deletions: a wallpaper doesn't need to be complex in terms of content if it shows carefully planning rather than taking a scan and randomly enhancing it or applying resources to it.

http://jakuro.minitokyo.net/
I'd like to present you this member. Like many members who came to MT for the first time, she started submitting her wallpapers only to find she'd have some of them deleted.
She also created a very angry thread inquiring for the reasons of that. She was extremely upset and I have to admit I thought I was going to see another member giving up on walling/submitting because the standards were high.
I was so glad to see I was wrong. she persevered. She keeps trying.

Unlike you.

I obviously understand your frustration. But ever since you came to MT the only thing I have seen you do is complaining or abruptly trying to change things. Instead of complaining, specifically talking on your wallpaper, why don't you try improving it? Posting in The Sandbox might be a good start. Members are always willing to provide tips on making wallpapers or suggestions in terms of concepts.

If that's not the case, I can suggest you other anime communities, with different standards, staff and guidelines. I have to say I'm very curious on why you keep coming back if MT is such a big source of stress and anger for you...

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

You could argue everything we say with some kind of nonsense tl;dr posts, but it's not changing the way we do things here. What I'm getting is, you're pretty much saying you actually feel proud submitting a subpar wallpaper you basically did nothing on? You're proud you took someone else's artwork, took away from it by sticking it with blurry edges and calling their art your art?

You could have taken this deletion as motivation to make better wallpapers, but instead you feel you have something to prove by being defiant with us each step of the way. If you really want to prove something you'd follow the rules, make awesome wallpapers and stick it to us. Instead you decide to simply irritate and argue with us until we're just not sure what to do with you. Fireflywishes has already given you a second chance- yet you feel you still need to pick apart every single staff comment. You insinuate every comment made has a double meaning and argue every little detail with the hope that we'll simply give into you and let you have your own way, nevermind the rules.

It's only just over a month since Fireflywishes warned you, and you've already created a thread to argue the rules because they are not to your liking. Are you trying to help Minitokyo? Or are you just purposely trying to get good reactions out of us like this is some kind of a game?

If we're truly such a thorn in your side, there are plenty of wallpaper sharing sites out there. You can go submit wallpapers there, where no one cares if there's an ocean of pixelated, blurry, and low effort wallpapers.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I'm just going to post this, because by creating a member account on MT this is what you agreed to in the Terms of Service:

Quote: Decisions made by Minitokyo staff are final. However you may appeal by posting in the Deletion Appeals section of the Forum.

Quote: Minitokyo endeavors to present only artwork of the highest quality. To that end, the Minitokyo staff shall delete any materials that do not meet a certain minimum standard of quality, further explained below. Minitokyo moderators reserve the right to delete any submission of low quality, even if these submissions otherwise conform to the Policy. You may not resubmit any work that has been deleted by the Minitokyo staff without the express written approval of a Minitokyo moderator.p

Quote: Low Quality and Low Effort Artwork: Quality and effort are to be determined by staff. Examples of such artworks include but are not limited to pieces that feature:
poor extraction, including obvious and apparent scan extraction edges,
doodles, or other items exhibiting a lack of effort in planning and/or execution,
blurriness,
extreme pixelation,
enlarging of original scan image without demonstrated effort of proper cleaning,
no effort in integrating the background and foreground,
"brush-whore" or "filter-whore," depending on overall quality,
"ghosting," the use of a character image on low opacity in the background, or
collages of small scan images without visible effort at composition or incorporation.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

This is just sort of a question on the side, and this isn't meant to offend you, Astara. If it does, I do apologize.

My question is, is why do you work so hard to refute current guidelines and standards? In my history of being a member and a moderator, on any website I've ever been a member of, I don't think I've ever seen a member come on and so openly dissect a websites standards and staff with such disdain that you do. Now, I'm not saying that opinions are bad, as we numerously state and encourage members to speak up about issues and problems with the website, so we are always welcome to critique and any suggestions that can help better Minitokyo for everyone.

However, in a lot of cases that I've seen you involved in, it's not so much for bettering a website as it is more so something that comes across as a personal vendetta towards actions the staff takes against you. Is there something that we're not understanding in terms of presentation or in terms of suggestion? It seems like a big piece of the puzzle is missing from this and no matter how many different pieces we try to put in there, it never fits.

I'd honestly like to be able to meet you part way here, in an aspect that doesn't involve any hostility, but it seems like every direction always leads to the same location. Or at least have a discussion we can meet halfway on instead of having a massive rebuttal upon everything that was written. I get how in some cases it's good to question what an individual says, especially when said statement can contradict policy or previous procedure. However when this occurs all the time, well, to be frank it's really hard to figure out if there's a problem with Minitokyo, or if this is a bit deeper than that.

I guess, as not just a moderator but as a human being, I'm sort of confused. I don't mean any offense or ill-will, but I cannot honestly say I have ever encountered someone who has handled things in such a manner regardless of manner the situation is held, and I'm not sure if I'm completely misinterpreting the situation, or something is being lost within the text.

We don't want members to stop propositions, but you make it sound like we enjoy deleting things or harassing members, and that's very far from the case. We do the best we can to meet members along the way, while being true to the standards and guidelines we've established. Yet for some reason, we can never meet.

Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by Astara

I don't have artistic talent

fixt*
tl;dr
Is it just me or is each mod showing a different emotion on reply? Idk, it only happens when all of you post in a line like that.
Btw I think most of your misunderstandings is because of your terrible english. Just a thought, someone had to say it.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.