Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Advice for my fate extra saber wallpaper - Minitokyo

Advice for my fate extra saber wallpaper

Tagged under Fate/EXTRA

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

ichigo59

ichigo59

Kill or Be Killed

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Well I can't help much technically, cause I have no knowledge about making walls, but... seeing the scan, I instanstly imagine her runing through some field with many many roses, petals are flying everywhere, wind is blowing (for sure you can make more rose petals on all the space, bigger and smaller ones).. also I associate Fate/Stay Night style with strong colour contrasts, especially intense red and blue. I think you should use it (though you already did it a little with the logo, which is blue), if you wanna stay with the red dress you can make the roses blue! something like that, I'm giving you some ideas, cause the whole thing seem just a little too simple for me... also I noticed the source of light in the scan is in front of her, not behind. Don't know how patient you are, but I would work more on it^_^ especially on the BG and make some trick with the colours to caught attention. Excite your imagination! if not here, do it in your future works^_^

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Could you please upload the full size of your wallpaper? I can't really help you out the way it looks now.

So far, the original picture has a certain type lighting. It doesn't blend in with the background of your wallpaper. What's the light source for? Where is it coming from? I don't really get it. I honestly think this will fit better in a scenery like AnGeeChan said. Although, if it was me I would put her near the middle or in the middle if not completely on the wallpaper then she's better off taking a lot of space not keeping the top completely on it. From there, work the way around her. I think it has the most impact like that.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Wind blowing is a good idea.. or maybe a smoke clearing. Val made a good point going on about the lighting effects since I'm having a similar problem not knowing where it's coming from.
Imo just looking at the color scheme of the wall right now and such, I think it's best to go with what AnGee said, seems to be the best idea so far. Personally i'd do a more abstract thing on the scan itself but that advice doesn't seem to be what you're looking for lol
GL

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Your extraction of Saber is kinda pixel-ish - it looks like you just used the magic wand or something. Also, the background is a bit gritty - quality doesn't match that of the character. I would suggest you re-extract the character, using the pentool preferably; OR clean it up with careful erasing and smudging with the smudge tool at very low opacity/strength...
As the lighting on Saber is sort of a mix of warm lighting + pink/purple/red, maybe the background should have some similar colour scheme as well, with reds and purples? It's up to you if it's an abstract or scenic wall. Though I do agree with the others that it would look better with a landscape of sorts.. field of roses? And indeed watch the lighting.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The extraction indeed needs to be done better - right now, there are still some of those white edges visible and they are also very sharp and jagged - it's better to use pen tool for extracting or, in best case scenario if you're not too familiar with pen - polygonal lasso tool. You can get rid of that sharpness by blurring the edges with blur tool or smudge on low strength.

The background is also a problem - it's too pixelated and low in quality, plus the lighting doesn't match. That 'Fate/Extra' logo is also out of place and not really needed there. I'd suggest finding a better background (as other mentioned - preferably something scenic) with adequate lighting and colors that you can try searching here, too. Good luck!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Considering that the creator removed all information from this thread, there is no point in keeping it open any longer.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.