Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scanning Advice - Minitokyo

Scanning Advice

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

distillme

distillme

Merp.

Hey all. I have a scanner and LOTS of anime artbooks, magazines, etc. so I have been wanting to start scanning. The problem that I am facing and needing advice for is how people get their scans to be flat and whole, especially when dealing with artbooks... because the pages are usually curved towards the center and you can't see the entire image because of the crease. I don't want to hurt my artbooks at all by bending them funny or something. How do most people get such nice full scans? Do you guys actually bend the books so that the crease becomes really loose? (which will probably destroy the book) Or even remove pages? I am just curious. If there is no way around damaging my books then I guess I will just remain a non-scanner... :( I am too anal to do anything that will hurt the pages or books. I appreciate any advice towards scanning and getting some nice looking scans! :) Thanks!

tag-licious

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

From my knowledge, self-scanners do just that; they remove the binding to their artbooks, and then scan the separate pages. Otherwise the scans come out distorted and sub-par in quality. This is why many scanners are passionate about proper crediting of their scans; a lot of work and book destroying goes into the process. This, I also imagine, is why many people prefer to search/find scans on other sites and post them here, instead of scanning it themselves.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

distillme

distillme

Merp.

Gotcha. thanks for the response. That is what I figured, sigh. I wish I could create beautiful quality scans with all of my wonderful artbooks but I am just too much of a collector to take apart my books... :(

tag-licious

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.