Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Critique/Advise on Beelzebub Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Critique/Advise on Beelzebub Wallpaper

Tagged under Beelzebub

page 1 of 1 9 total items

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4861/unled1wwb.th.jpg

I basically vectored the manga scans and put different panels together to make it somewhat like a sequence in the wallpaper. Does the Beelzebub text seem out of place? Should I remove the text and put something else, if so any ideas on what to replace it with? I added some motion blur on the top panel to make it look like she just collapsed to the ground, is the blur distracting/out of place? Lastly, what should I do about the empty spaces? Should I just leave it be?

Here's what I have made so far.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

your wallpaper is good but I think it's an empty space can be filled with a few ornaments..

hopefully can help you..
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm not a perfect artist, since this is not typically the type of art that I do, but from what I can see this is most outstanding. but I took notice of Beelzebub eyes to be slightly too hazy/swirly, unless that was the design that you were going for then it does suit the piece. from the past artworks that I've seen with this particular Beelzebub look it was similar. to be honest I don't really see anything seriously wrong with this, other than the eyes, but I'm certain those critiques that know more of art than myself will circulate soon and catch something that I don't/didn't see.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

The blur is somehow lacking. It doesn't show a sudden movement at all especially on Hilda. Try adding some lines. Also, I think the giant Beelzebub text is disturbing because of it's size and the font style itself... Since you are going with a sequence portrayal wallpaper, why not use another panel(s) from the manga to make your wallpaper even more cinematic? Good luck :)

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

I feel as though its missing some ornamental detail, as back07 said. I suggest checking out some C4D's if you're lookin for a quick easy way to do it. Otherwise, just play around with bringing all those colors together in the empty spaces of the piece. It also couldnt hurt to put some sort of color over the background images (maybe a tint of that purple you used as a base background?) since they are drawing away from the focal point of your piece (which is on the 2 characters at the right). Overall the placement is good it just needs to be tied together!

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Nice job at placing the panels together. I like what you have so far, and I don't mind the blur, it gives a bit of motion, as for the text, it definitely needs a font change and a color change, something more faded. As for the emptiy spaces you could fill them with text as well.
Try borrowing from Yamaro's textbook Death & Strawberry by Yamaro
Death & Strawberry by Yamaro
Have fun.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

yep..
if you confused to find ornament..
you can get some ornament from here...

i hope it can help...

Signature

Everyone, thank you for all the advice and ideas! ^^

At the moment, I've tried adding more panels (by simply arranging another manga panel that has not been vectored yet), it really became too crowded, and it looks rather odd too. I've tried adding lines to emphasize the motion on Hilda, which looked equally out of place.

I'll try out the ornaments and maybe more typography (not very experienced at it, but I'll give it a try). I'll see how I the idea of overlaying color on top of the background images affects the wall. Again, thank you for all the suggestions!

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

yep u're welcome darkheartknight...
btw, can you show your wallpaper after you edited it ?

Signature

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.